[OPEN] Game Crashing on Koboh (PC)

by ChrisLickytung

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Game Crashing on Koboh (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So, as the title says, my game keeps crashing on Koboh....I'm at the first meditation point and off to the right on a small cliff is a chest, I try to open the chest and my game freezes, music still plays and I have to reset my pc

Message 5 of 429 (11,839 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frame drops and Freezing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hi everyone,

The teams are aware of the reports and are investigating the issue.

Question:

When the game crashes, does it give the Unreal Engine error message screen, mentioning something like "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION", "DX12", and "DEVICE_HUNG" or "DEVICE_REMOVED"?

If that is the case, could you please open a Windows Terminal window with Administrator Rights and type "sfc /scannow" (without quotation marks) and check if Windows can find any damaged files and repair them?

If we have any updates, we hope to be able to share them with you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, it is recommended that you take a look at this.

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 158 of 429 (11,023 Views)

All Replies

Frame drops and Freezing

★★★ Newbie

Consistent frame drops and game freezing in Koboh on PC. I hope there is a patch soon!

Message 1 of 429 (11,968 Views)

★ Apprentice

When it freezes for you is it after you do anything in particular? It's been freezing on me constantly on Koboh as well to the point where I just can't progress or do anything at all anymore period. The first time was when I was trying to open the first crate. The second time I skipped over it (did multiple restarts and tried to problem solve but still kept freezing when trying to open it each time) and continued after the second battle where it froze after leaving the cave. The third time I skipped the crate, got lucky with leaving the cave but when I opened my map it froze again. Really, really hope they patch this especially when they did the delay for polish.

Message 2 of 429 (11,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheSpectreSeeker Yep I had trouble with the first box on Koboh too.
Suppose I'll give it up for now, perhaps they'll patch it in days to come.
Message 3 of 429 (11,929 Views)

Game Keeps Freezing

★ Apprentice

Got to the town on the second planet and the game has crashed about 5 times now. Once getting into the town, the next was with the people and 3 other times it has frozen in the cutscene at the cantina.

It was running fine up until here and I have no idea what is going on. It's highly frustrating.

Message 4 of 429 (11,840 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

having kinda the same problem.

i was able to play about 3 hours without any problems and now after doing like 2 missions in koboh city it crashed 1 time.

now its instantly crashing after loading into the game infront of koboh city everytime im trying it ...

really feelsbad

Message 6 of 429 (11,847 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Freezing

Community Manager
Hey @a1ias86,

Which platform are you playing on if I may ask?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 429 (11,821 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheSpectreSeeker Yeah I have the same issue. After I finished the first part on Coruscant and arrived on Koboh my game would jsut freeze. I can still hear the sound but it just freezes. Openeing the crate first caused it. now its just constantly. I really hope theres a fix soon
Message 8 of 429 (11,826 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Freezing

★ Apprentice

I am playing on PC via the EA Play App. 

Specs of my PC are above the recommended specs, I was running a custom video settings hybrid of Medium and High. It was running absolutely fine until I got to Koboh

Message 9 of 429 (11,818 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah this seems like a common theme for everyone on PC. The performance of the game on PC is absolutely terrible even FextraLife has said so themselves.

I'm annoyed because I was enjoying streaming it which I had to stop because I couldn't even get past Koboh city.

Message 10 of 429 (11,813 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help