Re: Game Crashes when shooting enemies (campaign) Video + Dxdiag included

by R3v3nton06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashes when shooting enemies (campaign) Video + Dxdiag included

★★ Novice

So as the title states my game crashes on campaign exclusively when i shoot enemies.

I've played the first two war stories just fine without any issues. My proplem only started most of the way through the third war story Tirailleur.just after capturing the west bastion. I can run the game just fine at 60 fps on high settings and i can do everything (run, shoot, spin around, get shot, shoot friendlies, literally everything) just fine except shoot an enemy. When i do my game freezes and crashes without error every time without fail.

I've tried:

Making sure my nvidia drivers are up to date (v417.35)

Over and Underclocking both my gpu and ram

Various resolutions and Windowed mode

Decreasing hit marker transparency to 0

Running as Admin

Reinstalling drivers

Lowering game quality

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've attached my DxDiag

And here's the link to a video of me showcasing the issue and showing that its literally only when i shoot an enemy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkOn3j_bT0

Message 1 of 6 (13,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@2042isNotBF Ah I didn't know there was a setting to disable DX12. I tried it and it hasnt helped anything so far

About the windows errors. About a month ago my younger brother downloaded some pretty nasty malware on my rig. Particularly the servicehost exploit that wreaked havoc on my windwos install and did damage a lot of my dlls. But at the time I didn't know it. I just used a combination of Malewarbytes and HitmanPro to clean the bug and thought all was good again. After a couple weeks I started hearing about windows updates I wasn't getting and after running windows update a few times and scratching my head I realized that like i said a lot of my dlls were damaged including the one responsible for windows update i forget what its called. But it caused windows to say it was up to date and when i ran dism then it came back fine and i was confused until I learned that dism runs through windows update. Ultimately i had to use Microsofts Media Creation Tool to download a new windows.iso and perform a fresh install which wasn't too much of a problem since my machine has an OEM key. After the clean install my updates have been coming through just fine and everything has been seeming to run okay up until this issue with BFV

I did what you said for extra measure and tried SFC after a clean boot 3 times in a row with all passing.

Same with dism 3 times. No integrity issues found

That /AnalyzeComponentStore command did recommend me doing a cleanup to clean 4 components. Which i did and then reran the analyze command a few times after to make sure it was successful which it was.

I've even cleaned up everything including my reg with CCleaner and everythings giving my pc a clean bill of health.

I uninstalled and reinstalled BFV again for good measure. I even wiped the temp files where my saves are stored. Still no joy.

Oh I also confirmed that this issue is affecting all the war stories. Not just Terribleur.

To be more specific this issue with BFV Started after my clean windows install. I actually only bought the game a couple weeks ago after that whole thing happened and like i said before i played the first couple missions no problem.

I appreciate the support so far. Anyone have any other ideas?

UPDATE:

So i just tried deleting my saves out of desperation which fixed my problem. I don't know what my saves have to do with hit detection on AI but i guess they were just corrupted. I guess i get to start all over again. Yaaaayyyy lol

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (13,563 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @Seananigens,

Sorry to hear about this.

Are you running DX12 by any chance? If you are, try using DX11 instead.

Also, here are some other steps you can try:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher

2. Clear Origin Cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Uninstall Origin: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

4. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

5. Uninstall/Reinstall Battlefield V (Do this last if none of the other steps work)

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What do you mean use DirextX 11 instead of 12? Having DirectX 12 means you have all the other versions installed already and the game just loads the one in needs

Clearing out origin cache, turning off overlay and reinstalling it didnt help.

Neither did reinstalling BFV

And I already tried a clean boot when i reinstalled my drivers. I should have put that in my list too. Sorry

Message 3 of 6 (13,622 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Seananigens You can change it to dx11 in game video settings advanced if you want to test it. I play with DX12 with no issues but every PC is diffrent so it is worth testing this as stated by @iluminatethesky. I see a few windows errors in your Dxdiag so I would try to run it though a few windows scans see below....

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.

NOTE: Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 , Win8.1 and win 10 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

sfc /scannow, ever hear of it if not your going to love this, it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them / try to fix them. This little tool as well as the event viewer on a PC saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved me many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :womanvery-happy:

-For win7 go to start/ bottom left screen / windows globe .. Right click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as administrator.
-For win 8.1 right mouse click start bottom left of screen / windows box and pick command prompt administrator.

1-Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like Origin, Steam etc.

2-Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3-This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4-After its done REBOOT PC and Run sfc /scannow again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5-So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop. If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6-If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

NOTE-If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 or win10 then you can run the next few command lines in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ Note: After you run each command line Reboot PC.

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 and win 10

Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-This command line will scan the health of your PC:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

2-This command line will restore the health of your PC and you don't lose anything on your PC :
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you get errors with the two command lines above and it cant be fixed with second command line and if you are on windows 8.1. Then use third command line but be warned it could take up to two hrs to fix your PC but it will save you a format. I had a friend test this on a PC with errors when it could not be fixed with second command line. :womanvery-happy:

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8.1 and win 10

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

2-If you get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line. After you reboot your PC then run third command line to be sure your windows is fully stable.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 4 of 6 (13,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@2042isNotBF Ah I didn't know there was a setting to disable DX12. I tried it and it hasnt helped anything so far

About the windows errors. About a month ago my younger brother downloaded some pretty nasty malware on my rig. Particularly the servicehost exploit that wreaked havoc on my windwos install and did damage a lot of my dlls. But at the time I didn't know it. I just used a combination of Malewarbytes and HitmanPro to clean the bug and thought all was good again. After a couple weeks I started hearing about windows updates I wasn't getting and after running windows update a few times and scratching my head I realized that like i said a lot of my dlls were damaged including the one responsible for windows update i forget what its called. But it caused windows to say it was up to date and when i ran dism then it came back fine and i was confused until I learned that dism runs through windows update. Ultimately i had to use Microsofts Media Creation Tool to download a new windows.iso and perform a fresh install which wasn't too much of a problem since my machine has an OEM key. After the clean install my updates have been coming through just fine and everything has been seeming to run okay up until this issue with BFV

I did what you said for extra measure and tried SFC after a clean boot 3 times in a row with all passing.

Same with dism 3 times. No integrity issues found

That /AnalyzeComponentStore command did recommend me doing a cleanup to clean 4 components. Which i did and then reran the analyze command a few times after to make sure it was successful which it was.

I've even cleaned up everything including my reg with CCleaner and everythings giving my pc a clean bill of health.

I uninstalled and reinstalled BFV again for good measure. I even wiped the temp files where my saves are stored. Still no joy.

Oh I also confirmed that this issue is affecting all the war stories. Not just Terribleur.

To be more specific this issue with BFV Started after my clean windows install. I actually only bought the game a couple weeks ago after that whole thing happened and like i said before i played the first couple missions no problem.

I appreciate the support so far. Anyone have any other ideas?

UPDATE:

So i just tried deleting my saves out of desperation which fixed my problem. I don't know what my saves have to do with hit detection on AI but i guess they were just corrupted. I guess i get to start all over again. Yaaaayyyy lol

Message 5 of 6 (13,564 Views)

★ Novice

Hey all ! I am new here but i have been seeing this problem and i want to help you all. Wink I solved the problem very easily! I'll tell you how Standard smile Delete the entire Battlefield V document from C: Documents. Then start the game again and you will see that when you shoot at the enemies it will not crash the game. It worked perfectly for me. I hope it works for you too. Nerd

Message 6 of 6 (9,161 Views)