Game Crashes after 5-10 Minutes

by DNahabed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashes after 5-10 Minutes

★★ Novice

Game crashes after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay. It will either just crash to desktop of will all together cause a Blue Screen. I have the game updated (bought it today 1/4/18) and have tried using the "Repair Game" function on Origin about four times already. I've restarted my PC and Origin many times but this has not solved the issue. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,102 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashes after 5-10 Minutes

★★ Novice

Hello and thanks for the reply. I actually narrowed it down to being a RAM slot issue/RAM module issue on my motherboard. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,111 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

On console we have the same problem, and we could "fix" it by disconnecting internet from the console.

So we're only able to play offline, most of the time. Don't know if the fix works for PC though, probably not, but it may be worth a try.

Message 2 of 6 (1,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Let me try this and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 3 of 6 (1,074 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi DNahabed,

The community knows of this problem but EA does not seem to know, or they do know and dont care, or they created a giant pool with the money we spent on this game and are to busy swimming in it to care.

You can see more on this issue here;

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/need-for-speed-payback-pc-random-crashes/m-p/6411930#M673

Cheers,

Someone who has had this game for over 2 months, and has only been able to play for around an hour and a half due to the continuous crashing problems.

Message 4 of 6 (1,022 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello and thanks for the reply. I actually narrowed it down to being a RAM slot issue/RAM module issue on my motherboard. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,112 Views)

Community Manager

@Hooch77

Maybe check your hardware as above?

barry.png
Message 6 of 6 (972 Views)