Game Crashes Steam VR/PC When Quitting Through Menu

by yermomsboxx

Original Post

Game Crashes Steam VR/PC When Quitting Through Menu

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing via Steam VR, but when I go to quit the game, it either:
A. Crashes Steam VR
or
B. Doesn't crash Steam VR, but freezes my entire PC, forcing me to restart Windows.

Not sure what the issue could be. I'm running on a 1080 ti overclocked by 10% and a i7-6700k overclocked to 4.6 GHz with 32 GB RAM @ 3200 MHz using auto settings in the game's menus for graphics and VR graphics. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, and I close all unnecessary programs before launching. I've seen many other users in the Steam forums experiencing this issue as well.

Message 1 of 4 (388 Views)

Re: Game Crashes Steam VR/PC When Quitting Through Menu

★★★ Newbie

Is no one else having this issue? I've seen multiple other users report it in the Steam discussion.

Message 2 of 4 (346 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@yermomsboxx Yeah, I'm playing on Steam in VR on Rift S. when I Quit the game from its menu, it doesn't take me back to Steam Home, I start to see Oculus Home and then I get the Steam loading screen. I can then quit Steam and my desktop shows that Steam had crashed. Happens every time I Quit the game in VR.
Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I have an Oculus CV1 and that's been my experience. I also have a multi-monitor setup with a 4k monitor as my main. I don't know if this might be related to the issue, but maybe it is.

Message 4 of 4 (304 Views)