Game Crash

by Redhawk1010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crash

★★ Novice

Out of the blue, both Battlefield1 and Mass Effect Andromeda have been coming up with this error message when i try to load them. The game loads up with a smaller window as if it was going to load and then crashes with that error. I have looked up solutions online but none of them have seemed to work. Is there anyone that can help with this cause it kinda sucks not being able to play either of them. 

Message 1 of 8 (763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crash

You may also want to try changing your display output for your system to something else...you are 1920x1080 so change it too 1200x800 or some such, accept this, reboot the PC, then change it back to 1920x1080 and then reboot the system again and then try the game.  I have seen Windows do some strange things lately with updates and oddly enough this has fixed a good many....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (709 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Redhawk1010

As you are seeing the same error on more than one game, it is likely a video driver issue.

First, download the following driver uninstaller: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Run that and then install or update (if available) your video drivers and check if the issue is resolved.

Let us know here how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

using the clean uninstall and then reinstalling and updating the drivers didn't work. still same error message. is there any chance it could be a direct x error as that is what it seems to indicate in the title of the error?

Message 3 of 8 (710 Views)

@Redhawk1010

Please create a DxDiag in text file format, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has MEA and/or BF1 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag.

You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

Also run the Windows System File Checker Sfc /scannnow and post the concluding message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

These are the dxdiag and reliability report (bf1) files. Also the system file checker finished with this message. "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Message 5 of 8 (674 Views)

@Redhawk1010

Unfortunately the BF1 "KERNELBASE.dll" error can have many reasons.

• Did you checked your machine for viruses or malware?
  • Try to disable the real time scanner of your Anti Virus. (Go offline before that) > test
  • Try to re-register the "KERNELBASE.dll"
    (right click "Start" > command prompt (Administrator) > In the CMD at the prompt typ or copy and past "regsvr32 KernelBase.dll" (without the quotes) > ENTER > reboot > test.)

If all that fails try to create a new user account (Administrator). > reboot > log in to the new account > Test the games. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 8 (639 Views)

You may also want to try changing your display output for your system to something else...you are 1920x1080 so change it too 1200x800 or some such, accept this, reboot the PC, then change it back to 1920x1080 and then reboot the system again and then try the game.  I have seen Windows do some strange things lately with updates and oddly enough this has fixed a good many....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 7 of 8 (710 Views)

★★ Novice

@mcsupersport You sir are a genius. Thank you very much. also thank you @holger1405 for all your suggestions

Message 8 of 8 (579 Views)