Game Continues to Freeze Up and It Won't Let Me Finish a Game

by ALTOBolt323

Original Post

Re: Game Continues to Freeze Up and It Won't Let Me Finish a Game

★ Apprentice

Hey so I was playing tonight on my brother's console and the game began to crash again, same way it's been doing on my own Xbox.  The audio cutting is not as severe but it's happening.  If this problem occurred on both Xboxs, what do you think the problem could be?

Message 61 of 90 (289 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. This is a pretty odd issue. I think you should try reaching out to our support teams to see if they have any other suggestions. Please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 62 of 90 (275 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've already tried getting in touch with them and they weren't of any help.  So I don't really know what to do.  If I can't play the game I would want a refund because this is *.  

Message 63 of 90 (272 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

I'm not seeing any recent cases on the account you're posting with. Can you please try again? I'd recommend requesting a callback or live chat as that will probably get you in touch with an advisor fastest. 

Aljo.png
Message 64 of 90 (270 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I've done the live chat three times.  Two of the numbers were 67150266 and 67145122.  I can't find the third.  I can do the live chat again but I'd prefer if I didn't have to.  

Also even though it is different Xboxes, I downloaded the game on my friends using a different internet and had no issues playing ti at his house.  I downloaded it on my brother's Xbox with the wired connection at my house and have the same issues.  I think it might be the internet for whatever reason.  If that's the case, would buying the game physically and running it off the disc work better?

Message 65 of 90 (266 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

Those cases look to be from many days ago. They are closed. That's why I'm saying you should create a new case.

I don't see how a physical version of the game will make a difference, but you're welcome to try. Your UO Trace wasn't showing any issues. You can try running it again though to see if we get the same results. Make sure it's wired since you're playing wired.

Aljo.png
Message 66 of 90 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok I'll open a new one at some point today.  I was playing wired in the beginning but I have to move to wireless since my wired connection only works in one room in the house and its not convenient for me when I want to play.  SO i have been playing wireless, but I was having the same problem before I switched connections.  

The only reason i think it Might be the connection is because when I downloaded it on my buddy's xbox, who also has the same exact model of Xbox as me, it worked completely fine with no issues.  

Message 67 of 90 (258 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

You're definitely going to have a worse connection on wireless. You may want to look into a powerline adaptor. That has been a good solution for many that are too far from the router. The way you're describing the issues makes it sound like the game is crashing and not disconnecting. When you disconnect, you get a message saying you lost connection to your opponent or the EA servers, but you're not seeing that message. Correct?

Aljo.png
Message 68 of 90 (253 Views)

★ Apprentice

No it's definitely crashing.  No message, just freezes and sends me back to the dashboard.  I have zero idea why.  My connection is actually fine most of the time.  

Also I think I have a powerline adapter.  It plugs into an ethernet and extends the wifi range, correct?

Message 69 of 90 (249 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

Not really. You plug the adaptor into the wall by your router and another one by your console. You then plug your router into it as well as plug your console into the adaptor near it. Your connection then is wired to your router. It removes the wireless connection. I can't stress enough how bad wireless is for gaming. You should try to avoid it as much as you can.

As far as this issue goes, if you're still experiencing the same thing when wired, we can probably rule out the connection. I don't have any other ideas though. I think it's time to move on to speaking with an advisor to see if they have anything to suggest.

Aljo.png
Message 70 of 90 (246 Views)