Game Continues to Freeze Up and It Won't Let Me Finish a Game

by ALTOBolt323

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Continues to Freeze Up and It Won't Let Me Finish a Game

★ Apprentice

I literally cannot finish a game right now.  It starts with the audio continuously cutting out and then the game almost always freezes shortly thereafter.  The usual fixes haven't helped.  I don't know what to do at this point.  

I was on the chat with EA advisors all of last night.  My game since Saturday has been continuously freezing and the crashing in the third period of games.  I've tried everything.  I've power cycled twice, I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and I even reset my Xbox (and installed the game a third time).  Nothing works.  I am at a loss for what to do.  PLease do not suggest anything I've already mentioned trying in this post, it doesn't work.  If there is no solution, I want a refund so I can try buying the disc version and see if that works better.

Please help, this is ridiculous and I really just want to pay HUT.  

Message 1 of 90 (986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Continues to Freeze Up and It Won't Let Me Finish a Game

★ Apprentice

Yeah at this point it's worked far better on the other console so I'm just gonna keep playing it on the console.  It worked fine on my friends too.  I think the problem had to be with the old console.  But honestly who knows.  

View in thread

Message 59 of 90 (1,129 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@ALTOBolt323 Do you have an external hard drive hooked up to the Xbox by any chance?

Or any other devices hooked up to the console?
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 90 (974 Views)

★ Apprentice

NO nothing.  It's on my internal hard drive.  The only solution I can come up with is uninstalling the game and buying a physical copy.  I think it has to be something with the game data.  

Message 3 of 90 (970 Views)

Community Manager
@ALTOBolt323 Have you tried deleting your game saved data when you go to manage your game under My Games & Apps for NHL 21?
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 90 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have not tried that.  I'm scared to because I already put a lot of time and money into my HUT team.  I'd prefer not to lose that if possible

Message 5 of 90 (966 Views)

Community Manager
@ALTOBolt323 Your HUT team won't be lost. That's saved to our servers.
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 90 (963 Views)

★ Apprentice

In that case I will try that.  You think it will work?

Message 7 of 90 (961 Views)

Community Manager

I think it's definitely worth a shot.

If your audio is cutting in and out, double-check the cables connected to the console and your T.V. Make sure they're properly secured.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 90 (959 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I tried it and it didn't work.  Cables are fine, I use them for watching movies every night and have no problems.  

Message 9 of 90 (956 Views)

Community Manager

@ALTOBolt323 

Ugh, okay. We could try one more step here to see if we can get it finally working.

I'm concerned the connection on your network is having a hiccup to our servers, so when you're installing the game some data is being lost. Can you try rebooting your network and then reinstall the game?

If you're on WiFi, can you please go to a wired connection for at least just the installation so your connection is more consistent. 

To reboot your modem/router, unplug the power to it for at least 5 minutes.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 90 (943 Views)