Game Chat Not Working (XBOX)

by Cy_Fi32

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Chat Not Working (XBOX)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been having issues throughout this season with the game chat not working. I cannot hear my team and they cannot hear me. In the beginning of the new season I was not having any issues at all, but now for the past month and a half it has not been working for me.  I am not in party chat and my mic works when I play other games. I have been having this issue only when I play Apex Legends. 

I am on Xbox. I have tested every setting that is available to me to try to fix it and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 15 (20,319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Chat Not Working (XBOX)

Champion

Please try the following:

*Clear xbox cache
Power off your Xbox One by holdiong the power button until it turns off.
Unplug your power blick, press and hold the power button several times to expel remaining power. Wait for 10 seconds and plug the bick back in.
waitin for the light on the brick to change from white to orange and turn your xbox on.
-----------------------------------------
* Remove and unplug USB devices
If you have any devices plugged in to your Xbox, please unplug them.
Sometimes it may interfer with the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (20,244 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Please try the following:

*Clear xbox cache
Power off your Xbox One by holdiong the power button until it turns off.
Unplug your power blick, press and hold the power button several times to expel remaining power. Wait for 10 seconds and plug the bick back in.
waitin for the light on the brick to change from white to orange and turn your xbox on.
* Remove and unplug USB devices
If you have any devices plugged in to your Xbox, please unplug them.
Sometimes it may interfer with the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (20,245 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk Thank you for your response. I managed to get it fixed by clearing my mac address and then powering off my xbox. Game chat is working perfectly again.
Message 3 of 15 (20,228 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having the same issue and tried what you recommended. It’s still not working. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 15 (20,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issues. Tried all the fixes to no avail. Mic works fine on cod and the division 2.

Really frustrating.

Message 5 of 15 (20,001 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Anyone ever find a real solution. Ive done everything, including a hard reset (kept games). Did the Mac address, have switched ports, uninstalled the game, etc. Game setting all show normal. But my mic will not work with ransoms. At all. I can hear them but they cant hear me. My chat icon doesnt even light up. I have a rig 400 headset 

Message 6 of 15 (19,861 Views)

I can’t talk to people in game chat

★★★ Newbie

So for the past 3 weeks I have been unable to talk through my mic as i play I’m matches. Every game I play I can’t talk through it at least from what I know. I have tried restarting my Xbox. Plugging in and out my headphone and even deleting the game but nothing works. I have even tried checking my Xbox main setting and nothing. I can hear people in other games and talk back but nothing in apex and it’s the only game that has this issue. I’m unsure what is the issue wether it be something on my end or the games end. It can’t seem to register it in the mic monitor in the bottom left from where the legend is

Message 7 of 15 (19,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve also had this problem for the entirety of season 7 and now 8 too. My headset works in party chat and in game chat in other games just not in apex. was wondering if anyone ever found a proper solution to this? thanks Standard smile 

Message 8 of 15 (15,739 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It was to do with the upgrade for Xbox users tbh 

Message 9 of 15 (3,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Game chat not working for me on Apex only.(x box series x)

Done everything recommended to no avail. 

Spoils enjoyment of game. If I make a party it's fine but with randoms they cannot hear me and icon doesn't show when I talk.

Message 10 of 15 (2,750 Views)