Re: Galactic Assault not loading after patch 1.2

by mysweetescape13

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro
@doingnz I already mentioned these steps on the first page #9 Post

@doingnz wrote:

I had exactly the same issue where starting GA would always try to start Kashyyyk. After a long time sitting at the loading screen, the game would return to the main menus of BF 2.

Try this, it worked for me on Xbox One S and I could then play GA and it would go through other maps, including Kashyyyk and let me play GA games. 

Exit the game by loading any other game.

Then go to the XBOX Home screen.

Highlight the game Star Wars Battlefront II, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage Game. 

In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamer tag, specifically on the right and delete the 4GB of saved game data. It will warn you that the data will be recreated when the game starts next time. I did not need to delete my gamer data, only the 4 GB data file. 

Launch the game.

I did not need to restart the XBOX or log out. Probably because I first started another game to ensure BF 2 was unloaded from memory before deleting the 4 GB File. 

Message 21 of 27 (593 Views)

★★ Novice

@mysweetescape13 - yes your solution was amazingly helpful and solved the problem for me. I was like everyone else getting very frustrated. Thank you for posting.  

I noticed others appeared to not always be successful in executing the steps to fix the issue, so I clarified more specifically the steps I followed to expand on what you originally posted. i.e. I did not delete my gamer info, only the 4 GB file and I loaded another game to fully unload BF 2 from memory before performing the fix. I did not restart the XBOX either, just the BF 2. 

I am glad the fix you found was easy to do and effective. I would have been very sad to not be able to play as it's a great game. See you out there in BF 2 some time :-) 

Message 22 of 27 (570 Views)

Champion
@doingnz+@mysweetescape13 - Up until a couple of days ago, I had no success doing the fix you posted. Still was getting stuck on Kashyyyk. Then all of a sudden I was able to get into games without a hitch and have had no problems since. I also noticed that EA shut their servers down early hours of Friday morning for maintenance (they put a message on the home screen whilst I was playing late Thursday). Maybe they finally recognised the problem!!!
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion
Oh and a postscript to my last post, when I see you in BF2 I might have to shoot you if you don't get me first. By the way ggib65 is not my gamer tag just my EA user ID.
Hope you both have many good games with plenty of points.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★★ Pro

@ggibb65 I am glad that you are now able to get to play. 

Message 25 of 27 (511 Views)

Champion
@mysweetescape13
Thanks
Have you noticed that the Kill counter at the top of the screen does not always update? Last night on Crait I had 2 kills and one assist and the enemy (red) counter still remained on 100.

★★★★★ Pro

I haven't notice it much. But it is possible the network takes longer to catch up.

Message 27 of 27 (496 Views)