Re: Galactic Assault not loading after patch 1.2

by mysweetescape13

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro

Yes and No, Locally Yes, but all data is synced with the game, in the servers, in the cloud. 

Message 11 of 27 (758 Views)

Champion

I have a theory as to why we are have this problem in GA and you may include Starfighter Assault. I spent several hours trying to gat a game in GA last night after being able to play in it during the day (from about 2.00pm to 5.00pm). I watched what was happening on screen (sometimes nothing and had to restart) and occasionally the game would drop me back to the home screen or continue on to the Trooper selection screen. At the Trooper selection screen, I would always get the "waiting for players" and "slow internet connection" notifications. This has started me thinking that what has changed with the game. Now, not being an expert in servers, software and such, I started to think about reserved space on the EA Australian servers.

To expand on this (may be a bit long winded and number quantities a strictly theoretical) let's say there are two servers allocated for SWBFII and each servers has an allocated space on disc for each game mode (this may be Dynamic but the Hard disk/s themselves are not and remembering that the game is played Australia wide). The management software for the server/game allocates space for say 10 concurrent GA games, same for Starfighter Assault and 5 for each of the smaller footprint games, As I said these are all being played at the same time. Now what happens if say a game end early (after 1st phase due to uneven player/teams skill levels) and want's to move to the next map in rotation? A group is probably playing the still playing that map. To fix this, we now have to have 2 games of each map available so that they can overlap and hence more disc space required.

So what did update 1.2 do?  It fixed problems, nerfed Palpatine finally + added "A TEMPORARY GAME MODE "JETPACK CARGO". 

Now adding a game mode requires more disc space on server. Did they update the server? I think not as this game is only temporary. So being temporary, a whole bunch of people will want to play it before it disappears hence even more disc space. Where does this come from - the reserved space for GA, Starfighter Assault etc. so in all less of these games are running and if a new game is trying to start, it spends a long time trying to find disc space.

This is all a theory since I don't really know how many EA servers are in Australia to service x amount of EA multiplayer games and how many are allocated for each game.

Any way, I have had my say and will soldier on (if I can get a game) and await any comments you may want to make. 

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★ Apprentice
On xbox one in Australia. Galactic assualt loads kashyyk and just sit on load screen. Cant find any games for all other modes.
Great patch guys.
Message 13 of 27 (705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the idea will try let you know if this works

Message 14 of 27 (699 Views)

★★ Novice
EA fix your *. Me and my mate have been trying to get into GA for over an hour stuck on the kashyyk screen. The game has been out since November and it's still plagued with bugs and continuously bringing in new bugs. What kind of people do you employ?
Message 15 of 27 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tried this with no joy. Im on xbox in adelaide.
Message 16 of 27 (660 Views)

Champion

Just. an update

I tried most of the afternoon (2.00pm to 4.30pm) with no joy. GA still would not get past the Kashyyyk load screen so ended up playing Blast.

However, tried again tonight 8.00 pm, Kashyyyk screen came up again. Thought Oh No then the game started and I had no further problems.

With crossed fingers, II will attempt to play again tomorrow.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★★ Pro

@ggibb65 I am sorry that this game is so broken that it defies any logically means to explain having this forum. How is a fellow member or player really supposed to provided any support for an obvious error on mechanics of gameplay with faulty coded software?

Message 18 of 27 (624 Views)

★★ Novice

I had exactly the same issue where starting GA would always try to start Kashyyyk. After a long time sitting at the loading screen, the game would return to the main menus of BF 2.

Try this, it worked for me on Xbox One S and I could then play GA and it would go through other maps, including Kashyyyk and let me play GA games. 

Exit the game by loading any other game.

Then go to the XBOX Home screen.

Highlight the game Star Wars Battlefront II, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage Game. 

In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamer tag, specifically on the right and delete the 4GB of saved game data. It will warn you that the data will be recreated when the game starts next time. I did not need to delete my gamer data, only the 4 GB data file. 

Launch the game.

I did not need to restart the XBOX or log out. Probably because I first started another game to ensure BF 2 was unloaded from memory before deleting the 4 GB File. 

Message 19 of 27 (611 Views)

Champion
@doingnz
Have tried everything you said except starting another game. Will try that if I have problem again.
Thanks