GW2 Deluxe Edition- Error Message

by DYNTITAN

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

GW2 Deluxe Edition- Error Message

★★★★★ Newbie

GW2 Community,

i have downloaded GW2 Deluxe Edition. When i like to start the game an error occurs.

Detected Intel Driver Version #1 20.19.15.4312 07/13/2015..........

The recommended Driver is xx.xx.15.4251.

I already updated my with 20.19.15.4312

Any ideas, how to get to work ?

Thanks to all

Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GW2 Deluxe Edition- Error Message

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DYNTITAN I have moved it this thread to PvZ2 tech issues section, as I want someone to confirm what I remember (plus, that's where it should be). Anyway, here goes.

From what I understand, you have an Intel GPU. If that's the only GPU you have, then you won't be able to run the game - the card is too weak. However, if you have another graphics card, then it means that the game selected a wrong one. If that's the case, then what's your other GPU? If it's a Nvidia product, go to Nvidia Control Panel, select "Manage 3D settings" from the menu and select the Nvidia GPU in "Preferred Graphics Processor" part.

Alternatively, you can just right-click on the game file (I think it's called PvZGW2.exe) in folder with GW2 files (which is in Origin Games folder), choose "Run with graphics processor" and select your GPU. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DYNTITAN I have moved it this thread to PvZ2 tech issues section, as I want someone to confirm what I remember (plus, that's where it should be). Anyway, here goes.

From what I understand, you have an Intel GPU. If that's the only GPU you have, then you won't be able to run the game - the card is too weak. However, if you have another graphics card, then it means that the game selected a wrong one. If that's the case, then what's your other GPU? If it's a Nvidia product, go to Nvidia Control Panel, select "Manage 3D settings" from the menu and select the Nvidia GPU in "Preferred Graphics Processor" part.

Alternatively, you can just right-click on the game file (I think it's called PvZGW2.exe) in folder with GW2 files (which is in Origin Games folder), choose "Run with graphics processor" and select your GPU. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

AWESOME !!!!! It works !

HAave a GTX 980

I was using this advice

"If it's a Nvidia product, go to Nvidia Control Panel, select "Manage 3D settings" from the menu and select the Nvidia GPU in "Preferred Graphics Processor" part"

Thanks for your fast and great support

Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)