GPU usage 100%

by krahmer6

Original Post

GPU usage 100%

★★★ Newbie

when I run apex legends its makes my gpu go to 100% and is stressing out my computer, I have every setting on low, can anyone help me out with why this is happening. 

heres my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Message 1 of 14 (27,390 Views)

Re: GPU usage 100%

★★★ Newbie

Try turning[Texture Streaming Budget] to None with [V-Sync] to Off [Anti-Aliasing] to None.

Message 2 of 14 (27,250 Views)

★ Pro
What kind of monitor are you using? I dont think a gtx 1060 wont work well with 4k resolution but I dont know if you have that kind of resolution...

Go to video settings and texture streaming budget set it to 1-2Gb of vram and lower your screen resolution that would certainly help alot
Message 3 of 14 (27,240 Views)

★★ Novice

There's nothing wrong with a GPU being at 100% It's normal. How do you know it's 'stressing' your computer out? Keep an eye on your temps, if they're in a acceptable range there is nothing to worry about. 

Message 4 of 14 (27,230 Views)

Hero

There are settings that affect CPU the most and settings that affect GPU the most. If you set everything to low you also set some CPU heavy settings to low which gives the game more resources to make the GPU reach higher FPS numbers which it will always try to.

Unless you set a maximum FPS you will always stress either the CPU, GPU or if your system is perfectly balanced for the game: both.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 14 (27,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue as well...which is insane sine i have an 8700k and Titan Xp...Please help this game is destroying my GPU - doesn't matter if i set the res all the way down and turn settings all the way down my gpu is at 100% all the time in task manager...

Message 6 of 14 (26,032 Views)

★ Novice

i think that, like fortnite, the game is just not optimized properly. even games like destiny 2 and black ops 4 dont take up 100% of my GPU usage. This could also be a possible reason for the multitude of crashes users get when playing the game.

Message 7 of 14 (25,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you find a fix for this? If not, what I have found that works for me is to change the Vsync option to either adaptive or adaptive 1/2. It takes my GPU usage from 99% all the time to 60-80%, the only downside is that because you're using some form of Vsync, you'll have more input lag. One way I have countered that is by using this software called TimerResolution which basically reduces the reaction time from 1ms to 0.5ms which probably varies from monitor to monitor.

I hope they actually fix it though... one day. Been having performance issues with this game ever since it's been out.

Message 8 of 14 (23,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have a 1080 and settings are at low and the temps go up to 90°c and gpu says  it's at 100% load. i have tried turning on adaptive v sync  and it only brings it down to 98% anyone have any other ideas

Message 9 of 14 (23,048 Views)

★ Novice

How the heck is there no EA response? I have 

Radeon 5700xt 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700 

Experiencing same issues 

Message 10 of 14 (22,170 Views)