Re: GPU Overheating

by The_Tibber

Original Post

GPU Overheating

★★★ Newbie

I have an AMD Radeon R9 390x, when i play the game its smooth as butter but my GPU temps are going up to 90+ degrees celsius, I have tried limiting FPS to 120 since I have a 120hz monitor but the temperature doesn't change. My card doesn't run this hot in any other game.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any solutions out there?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (514 Views)

Champion

Hello,

How old is your GPU?

Message 2 of 8 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

like 3 years, dusted it out recently

Message 3 of 8 (493 Views)

Champion

Have you reapplied the thermal paste/ TIM?

Paste can dry up after a few years and causes increasing temps.

Message 4 of 8 (487 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This game uses your GPU to its limits. I have an RX 460, recently cleaned and repasted. Even in R6 Siege without fps limit the highest it goes is 72 degrees celcius at 1800 rpm fan speed. This game, at 2500 rpm fan speed the GPU hits 80 degrees celcius. I don't know what the devs did but this game really strains GPU.

Message 5 of 8 (471 Views)

Champion

Its still a new game its just a matter of optimisation updates.

A lot of players are having trouble with the game with older hardware, but truth is they dont check their motherboard drivers or bios for updates.

and in some cases the old hardware is incompatible because it stopped recieving support from the makers.

Message 6 of 8 (456 Views)

Champion

Also try setting your Texture streaming budget to 6 or 4 *8 will cause your GPU to run at max stress*

Message 7 of 8 (437 Views)

Champion

look at the Texture streaming budget, it basically sets how much VRAM you use. (your GPU has 2GB)

Message 8 of 8 (433 Views)