Re: GAME IS BROKEN! Major Performance Issues That Still Haven't Been Addressed

by cyberfredcobra

Original Post

GAME IS BROKEN! Major Performance Issues That Still Haven't Been Addressed

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game performance is broken.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HUSHHSUH
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 24/10/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 7:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? NST - GMT + 12:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game on PC.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game performance is broken.
What do you expect to see? A patch update to fix the issues.
Please select your region Australia
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Device ID: 10DE 1E04 37C01458 Part Number: G150 0031

This is getting ridiculous. I hate to have to keep posting on here but not only have either of the two recent updates not fixed these issues, now the most recent one has made them even worse. Since the Felucia update last month the game's performance has been terrible for me on PC. Before that update I could run the game in 4K on Ultra settings and get from 100FPS upwards with no stuttering or anything, but then after that update I could barely get a solid 50FPS. And now since the update that just released yesterday I now get about 10FPS in-game. YES THAT'S RIGHT, 10FPS! I'm running an RTX 2080 Ti and i7-8700K 3.70GHz with 32GB RAM so there's definitely no hardware issue, it's a game issue. Something is seriously wrong here and I know I'm not the only one. I haven't been able to even play the game since September before the Felucia update because the game ran so bad, but now it is literally unplayable. Please fix this soon.

Message 1 of 14 (2,151 Views)

The new update has been poorly optimized

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Before yesterday I always played with the settings at low and I had no issues. Since yesterday after the upgrade, the mode Heroes Vs Villains has a lot of lag and crashes even though the settings are at low. The cinematics before the match does not appear of so slow that it is. This slowness is happening at both Heroes Vs Villains and CO-OP.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/23/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? AGT (BET) - GMT - 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Slowness for walk and shoot + crashes.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

The new update has been poorly optimized. Before yesterday I always played with the settings at low and I had no issues. Since yesterday after the update, the mode Heroes Vs Villains has a lot of lag and crashes even though the settings are at low. The cinematics before the match does not appear of so slow that it is. This slowness is happening at both Heroes Vs Villains and CO-OP. I didn't play the mode C.S, but for surely it's also!

I have an I7 (7th Gen) and 8 GB RAM + 2 GB Video (NVIDIA GEFORCE)

Message 2 of 14 (2,176 Views)

Re: The new update has been poorly optimized

★★★★★ Apprentice

And the milestone Offensive Formation has not been fixed in this update!

Message 3 of 14 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also described this in a topic. It's impossible play with 10/20 FPS because it's a lot slowness. This issue appeared for me since yesterday !!!

Message 4 of 14 (2,129 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

* The Ewok mode worked perfectly without slowness ou FPS low. Already HvsV and CO-OP..... 😥

Message 5 of 14 (2,128 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I can confirm I saw @R1cardao yesterday suffering from some very serious lag issues. We played a match of HvV on opposing sides, and his Han was hilarious to watch due to the lag.

Sorry that I took advantage of your issue on that match on Felucia man.

I'm uploading the video, so later I'll link it here to show how bad your lag was from my PoV.

Message 6 of 14 (2,112 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@R1cardao 

As I shared on the other report, I saw you struggling ingame yesterday.

However, by your specs shared here you're actually playing with very limited resources. Of course that a Graphics Card VRAM isn't enough to gauge its quality, but 2GB is indeed low for this game. My GeForce 940MX is 4GB, and it's deemed to be impossible to play this game with it, yet I can play since launch putting every setting on low and it's ok.

8GB of RAM is below the maximum this game can utilize, and despite still being possible to play with just 8GB, it'll take a toll on the game's performance. I did some tests in January 2018 and I saw that this game could utilize 9GB of RAM if you let it, so having less then that available will definetly slow things down.

If you want, share with me here your CPU and GPU so I can check how they perform compared to the minimum requirements. For that I need their full name. To give you an example of what I need, I'll share with you mine:

CPU: i7-7500U 2.7GHz (max 3.5GHz)

GPU: GeForce 940MX 4GB VRAM

Message 7 of 14 (2,116 Views)

★ Guide

same problem here (dx12 mode) unplayable for me since the update.

absolutely no problem for me prior the update.

Message 8 of 14 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ahhh you were in Felucia (Emperor Palps?) 😂 It was exactly my first match after the update. I wanted to debut my new skin of Han Solo, but was horrible with multiple lags and slowness 😭

Of course! How would say Vader: apology accepted and now at least I have a witness of my issue! hahaha

Before yesterday it was easy playing now is impossible.

*Post the video here or in my topic 😂

Message 9 of 14 (2,062 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RogueZeroRendar  I should be playing at low normally like the other days. I saw people here with 32 GB RAM complaining of performance after yesterday.

I have a Notebook Samsung - NP300E5M-XF3BR

CPU: Intel Core i7-7500U - 3.5 GHz

8 GB DDR4 - 2133 MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 920MX with 2GB VRAM

Message 10 of 14 (2,060 Views)