Fullscreen to Icon problem Apex Legend

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number don't know
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? markus_kronikus
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. don't have
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? no one
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? no one
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. in the lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing, just checking the settings and the menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? any match at all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26/06/2019 23:00 Europe
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It happens only in Fullscreen mode. The game forces itself out and reduces itself in icon mode, from what i know the only way to prevent this is to not use Fullscreen mode.
What should be happening instead? The game shouldn't be able to reduce itself as an icon
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly just by keeping the game open in Fullscreen

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number I don't know
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? markus_kronikus
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. don't have
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? no one
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? no one
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. in the lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing, just checking the settings and the menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? any match at all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26/06/2019 23:00 Europe
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? It happens only in Fullscreen mode. The game forces itself out and reduces itself in icon mode, from what i know the only way to prevent this is to not use Fullscreen mode.
What should be happening instead? The game shouldn't be able to reduce itself as an icon
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly just by keeping the game open in Fullscreen

Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fullscreen to Icon problem Apex Legend

Community Manager

@markus_kronikus 

There's a variety of things that could be causing this, but players have found various workaround fixes for this. Check them out below and let us know whether one or any fixed it for you at all.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (288 Views)

All Replies

Can't play in Fullscreen

★★★ Newbie

Every time I start playing it launches in windowed mode and then I go to the settings and I change to full screen and the screen turns black but I can still hear the in game sound.

If someone knows why this is happening please tell me.

My specs are:

i7-8750H

Gtx 1050

8Gb of ram

Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

Re: Fullscreen to Icon problem Apex Legend

Community Manager

@markus_kronikus 

There's a variety of things that could be causing this, but players have found various workaround fixes for this. Check them out below and let us know whether one or any fixed it for you at all.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

Re: Can't play in Fullscreen

Community Manager

@LeoVD2000 

Moved your post here. Do any of those solutions above work?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)