Re: A Way Out PS4 connection error

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friend can't join game (ps4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Everytime i invite my friend to join my game he gets an error. Saying: failed to join session ( unexpected error)
Pls help
Message 1 of 3 (62,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ben9als18@F0rtun0

The link shown in the error you are seeing goes here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play/

In addition to the other potential problems outlined at that link (which you should check out), there are a couple of likely reasons you are seeing this error.

Either one, or both of you are on an underage account.

You are experiencing an internet protocol mismatch, i.e. one of you is on IPv4 and the other is on IPv6. Your ISP will be able to provide you with info and details on this.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (63,145 Views)

All Replies

A Way Out PS4 connection error

★★★ Newbie
My friend has paid copy and I have free trial. Both have PS plus. He sends me invite and all it keeps saying is unexpected error contact ea unable to connect. I had you guys call me twice. I followed those no help emails twice. Opened ports like they had me do and still no help. Been having same problem since game released. Have tried well over 100 times. When you guys can't fix the problem you just send me a survey asking how ea service was. Oh and this is the only game is happends on.
Message 2 of 3 (62,670 Views)

Community Manager

@ben9als18@F0rtun0

The link shown in the error you are seeing goes here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play/

In addition to the other potential problems outlined at that link (which you should check out), there are a couple of likely reasons you are seeing this error.

Either one, or both of you are on an underage account.

You are experiencing an internet protocol mismatch, i.e. one of you is on IPv4 and the other is on IPv6. Your ISP will be able to provide you with info and details on this.

barry.png
Message 3 of 3 (63,146 Views)