Re: Friend/Foe Icon Opacity Setting not Working

by KebabiMeister

Original Post

Friend/Foe Icon Opacity Setting not Working

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug The opacities of friendly and enemy soldier icons can no longer be set seperately.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the options menu, then under the gameplay tab, scroll down until you find the icon opacity sliders. Set friendly one to 0% and enemy to 100%, go back to the game and notice that both show up at 100% opacity despite this. Go back and reverse the sliders, notice that they both still show up at 100%. Try it for the ADS sliders as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? Friend/Foe icons are visible when they shouldn't be.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 960
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

I'd like to set up my icons to be least intrusive for me, but with this bug I can't do it.

Message 1 of 13 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue on PS4 Pro, HDR enabled.  Tried all transparency settings but icons are still too transparent.  I cannot differentiate friend/foe resulting in the game being unplayable.  Two other friends reporting the same issue.

Message 2 of 13 (1,545 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @KebabiMeister,

this is at the moment being looked into - so it's not a client issue really.

Message 3 of 13 (1,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same on XB1 platform.  Opacity is set at the lowest level, and changing the slider does nothing.  As I understand it DICE is looking into the issue?

Message 4 of 13 (1,409 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yep - the issue has been verified and confirmed by QA teams. Obviously, I have no clue when the fix will go live, but it is being worked on.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 5 of 13 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is a joke tbh I hate sporting or trying to snipe planes then shooting my own team mates can't tell the difference between enemies or allies. Dice needs to test patches properly because this lack of consistency is unacceptable for a AAA Title
Message 6 of 13 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
@BmB23 @hasedestruction

They're working on this issue.

If you need a hint how to see the icons better again(Enemy and Teammate), then go to BF1 Settings, Video, and under "Colour Blind" choose TRITANOPIA!

You'll see, the colours Green, Blue and Red will still be the same. Just with more Kontrast! Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 7 of 13 (1,270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

exact same problem...

playing on ps4 in hdr having a lot of trouble seeing the blue icons particularly at any sort of distance that has led me to shoot at friendly's quite a lot ( sorry ) i have also noticed a rise in receiving friendly fire that i assume is from this problem.

i have tried changing the opacity settings but that has only made a slight improvement over short distances.

Message 8 of 13 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

hello, just tried your recommended tritanopia option and it has helped a lot.

thank you 

Message 9 of 13 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you.  Has there been any progress?  I've noticed that the transparency is at its worse on the Tsar maps.

Message 10 of 13 (1,238 Views)