Re: Frequent crashes to desktop.

by iArucard

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for this suggestion, unfortunately I can't even test it under the new update. Frown Hopefully it will help others.
Message 71 of 85 (611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Tried new update with and without most recent Radeon driver clean-installed.  Now the game is completely un-playable, crashing constantly and running at 100% CPU and GPU.  I now have to finally give up and request a refund.  Thanks all for trying out different things, and maybe different suggestions in this thread will help others out!

Message 72 of 85 (610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The current culprit for me appears to be the TeamViewer 12 service. Try disabling that if you have it.

I'm still working through the full list of my services, but this appears to be relevant at the current time.

Message 73 of 85 (603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It does still randomly crash, but much less frequent.

Message 74 of 85 (595 Views)

★★★ Novice

CorganoM you're the hero the people need. I'm having the same problems as you. Keep us posted! 

Message 75 of 85 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

Here I think I finally have killed the crashes. 

I fully uninstalled the game, as described in my first post.

I fully uninstalled my GPU driver, using AMD's clean uninstall utility, restarted the computer, and installed 17.11.2 (for Radeon R9 270x).

I restarted the computer

I fully installed the game but this time I installed it on my slower (non-SSD) drive!  I believe this was the critical change.  Pure speculation: the game was crashing when my system put my SSD to sleep for some reason.

I repaired the game

I restarted the computer

I ran through the clean-boot procedure

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I restarted the computer

I booted the game, still had crashes

Now, I set my game to windowed mode and made it 3/4 the dimensions of my screen.

I turned down every graphics option to minimum including decreasing rendering percent below 100%.

I restarted the computer.

Finally, I have no crashes and a playable experience, although it certainly isn't pretty.  My GPU sits at nearly 100% and my CPU sits above 80% use while playing for no good reason.

Message 76 of 85 (598 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can't play in Fullscreen or Borderless? I am having random crash in Fullscreen and borderless , I dont know whats going on man...

Message 77 of 85 (502 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You give up...

Message 78 of 85 (490 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Guys, check out my reply from here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Star-Wars-Battlefront-2-2017-gives-black-screen-for-3-sec...

Basically, after I set the Anti-Aliasing setting to TAA LOW, the game stopped crashing. Every other setting is on Ultra, I have a GTX 780 and no problems whatsoever after modifying this setting. Playing in borderless with Vsync enabled. Maybe it will help someone.

Message 79 of 85 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Tried for 4 days to solve this and I am by no means a "NooB".

Any idea how I contact EA for my money back?

Message 80 of 85 (458 Views)