Freezing on PS4

by lukebunce1978

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezing on PS4

★ Novice

Every game I play freezes and I have to close the application and start up again. Does anyone have any ideas why. This is since season two update 

Message 1 of 11 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freezing on PS4

★★ Novice

So after a few days I can say this did fix the issue for the most part. Guess the system was over heating or something even though most of the time I had just turned the console on

I've only crashed twice since moving the console.  The time I mentioned before and yesterday just random blue screen joining a game but it didn't freeze up like times before that

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (452 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  Its happening after getting to character select.  I know it's going to happen because there will be no sound at all coming from the game.  When the game starts it will either freeze before jumping or shortly after hitting the ground.  Either way there is no sound the entire time it's happening.  

I've tried to close the game as soon as I realize there is no sound, but STILL freezes up before closing application and blue screening.

It didn't happen the first day, but after day 2 of season 2 its happening MORE and MORE.  It's almost unplayable on top of all the (code:leaf) errors.  Hard to get a game in.

Message 2 of 11 (482 Views)

★ Novice
@allnighter453 Yeah same here, I forgot about the loss of sound when I wrote my post, but mines the same. At first it was only once or twice a night but now it’s every game, I’ve just had to stop playing it 😔
Message 3 of 11 (472 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue. Couldn't fine anyone with this problem, so I thought maybe it was just me. Glad to see that's not the case. 

When going to pick a legend the game freezes. I can't play at all. Hope they fix this soon. 

Message 4 of 11 (469 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine has gotten much worse today.  Now its happening mid match.  Just got into a fight.  Killed the squad and then I noticed I couldn't hear anything anymore and boom froze.....This has happened twice now.  Once 10 minutes into the game and once immediately after landing.  I killed a full squad and then boom froze.

Idk if that has any relation to it but both times it has happened after I solo'd a full squad, probably just coincidence. 

I'm going to try and uninstall and reinstall the game today....if that doesn't help Season 2 might just be the end for me. Can't play

Message 5 of 11 (449 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted and reinstalled the game, got to play 3 matches and it happend again. Completely unplayable now. 

Message 6 of 11 (440 Views)

★ Novice

Well that’s not good news, give mine a go later and see how I get on

Message 7 of 11 (421 Views)

★★ Novice
@lukebunce1978 I put a fan turn to my ps4 and helped. The game is requiring more "work" from the console and makes it overheat, so i think that could be the problem
Message 8 of 11 (414 Views)

★ Novice

Mmmm okay I might give this a try first then, as my fan is working lots as the PS4 is 4 yes old now

Message 9 of 11 (404 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried this. Even moved my PS4 to a cooler spot. Game blue screened immediately after finding a match. Definitely not an overheating problem for me. 

Message 10 of 11 (386 Views)