Freezing / Crashing / Resets on older iOS devices

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Re: Freezing / Crashing / Resets in Geonosis Territory Battles

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this issue where I open up a CM in Geo TB and immediately crashes. I can restart my game, go in finish a CM, but if I start another one. Crash. I got to play half of my battles this week. I also had a couple Client restarts in there. If the Cm loaded, I would get to 3/4 or 4/4 and just crash.

had the same issue in TW. 

ios

iPhone 6

Ally code: 762-596-617

Message 21 of 65 (941 Views)

Re: Crash on Geo TB SM

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the freeze battle problem, also the game crash and reset problem IN EVERY PHASE on the Geonosis Battle. It is an OS issue, because I'm using 2 devices... iPhone 6s and iPad Air 3... My ally code is 238-263-677

Message 22 of 65 (950 Views)

Re: iphone

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem... The crashes are very costful... also happened to me in Raids... The Tank was the last one... I can't make a solo...

Message 23 of 65 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Arrenai Since last patch, the number of “Client out of sync” errors has been a major problem for me using an iPhone 6 with latest iOS. Has not been able to complete four rounds on any CM. Max 3/4, then the app goes down. Most times sent back to home screen, sometimes I get points for completed round others not. Also seen app freeze. Client out of sync has also been observed in other game modes, HAAT, Sith raid and arena. Basically all every time a match or phase ends there is a high risk of Client out of sync. Game is near impossible to play anymore ... I have been around since gear could be sold for credits ...
Message 24 of 65 (950 Views)

★★ Novice

Following on from my previous post (post #11) after phase 2 completion, at the suggestion of some guild mates who believed a lack of available memory may have been causing my issues I freed up some memory on my phone so the final two Phases were undertaken with approx 6GB free memory on my phone (out of a potential 16GB).  First 2 phases were with approx 2GB free memory.

Phase 3 all combats (I believe I had 4 available to me) crashed during transitions to the next round, some would either credit me with the win for the previous round and some didn't.

Phase 4 one combat mission crashed as it was loading up the first round.

All other combats in Phase 4 were fine although I suspect that was because my teams got butchered in the first waves for the remainder so there wasn't a phase transition.

After the crashes I received a "Game out of sync" message and the game restarted.

All ship combats in all phases had no issue with.

Device = iPhone 6

OS = iOS 12.3.1

Ally code = 124-668-158

Message 25 of 65 (940 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Jenariah and @AndresMMB23.

There is a known issue with a higher rate of crashing on iPhone 6s that the team is looking into. Thanks for your patience.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 26 of 65 (985 Views)

★★ Novice

Not just iPhone 6S, I play on an iPad mini 2 as well as an iPhone 6 and the performance has been absolutely terrible on both. I lost my HAAT run tonight due to a crash. It crashed tonight as I clicked to select a team to fight in TW. After finally getting back in the game, I fought that opponent, beat all their ships, but it crashed as it transitioned to the “Victory” screen, and it ended up losing the match. 3 crashes just tonight, with full client restarts each time, which take several minutes each to load the game. Crashing has affected all areas of the game for me, and has been super frustrating. Very close to quitting due to game being practically unplayable due to the technical issues. Well, that and the horrible drop rates.

Message 27 of 65 (952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been dealing with the crashes for the past couple of months.  I have the iphone 6s.  Before each Territory Wars battle I restart the SWGOH app.  However, today 7/9/2019 I have started 3 separate battles to have the app force quit on me on all 3 occasions.  The teams being utilized are forfeited as well as costing the guild points for having a non completion on the 1st attempt.  I had previously closed any other apps running in the background and my phone and setting are up to date with all of the latest downloads.  The teams I lost are teams I have invested a considerable amount of time and money into their usefulness.  My guild relies on each member participating to the maximum to stay competitive and these crashes are holding me and my guild mates back.  It’s very frustrating.  I have been informed perhaps other iphone models have similar issues. How can I remedy this?  Surely you will be seeing more complaints of this nature. 

Message 28 of 65 (940 Views)

★★ Novice
@luisyavokswgoh unfortunattly the same here. i lose tb battles fleet battles and much more. i am fed up waiting to a new load and recognizing that i got robbed my victory again, and again and again.
Message 29 of 65 (933 Views)

★★ Novice

Happens again-territory battles. Battle launches, crash to desktop. When you are back at the game counts as defeat. Just great. With this bug existing so long I wonder if anyone does anything on this part and if there will be any compensation for this

Message 30 of 65 (927 Views)