Re: Freezing / Crashing / Resets on older iOS devices

by HandsomePickles

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello there,

So here I am, adding another complaint message to this thread.

The past months my experience with the game wasn't quite up to par with the "quality of life updates" that where made:

- Game crashes on a daily basis with no error message (RNG dependent - quite a good surprise mechanic);

- TW/ TB/ GA game crashes mid fight - automatically it is registred as a loss;

- HAAT - game crashes everytime I get to Phase4 (0 dmg posted).

After the new update with the Geo reworks, somehow you managed to get more bugs on  the list:

- client out of sync (this happened several times today);

- game freezes when I access the mod store 

Device iPhone6

iOS: 12.3.1

Ally code: 528 113 987

After weeks of gathering information about the bugs and months of been aware of them, can you provide the community a timeframe for solving them?

Thank you

Message 41 of 65 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have been having crashing issues for a few months now and now being in a higher performing guild, I am unable to fully contribute when it comes to TWs and Geo TBs.  The most recent was this morning during Phase 2 of Geo TB.  I was able to complete both CMs of the bottom sector, but the game crashed during both CMs of the middle sector - one crashed as Phase 1 was loading, the other crashed while loading Phase 3.

• Please describe the behavior you experienced.
    • RANDOMLY during TWs and TBs the game will "crash" by dropping me to my iPad's home screen.  Upon selecting the game to reopen, it reloads through all the SWGoH loading screens, I end up back at the main game screen, and upon checking the TW or TB, it has 1. counted my attempt; 2. I lost that squad; 3. I cannot "redo" the TB mission and receive no credit for any waves I may have cleared prior to the crash.  Sometimes I can complete TW and TB battles, other times it'll crash between phases, while the battle is still loading, or just randomly in the middle of an action.  It is completely random and 200% frustrating.
  • What point were you at in the Territory Battle?
    • As stated above, it's random -- it might be loading Phase 1 and then crash; transitioning between phases and crash; middle of a battle action and crash.  I'd be slightly less frustrated if I still received credit for TB waves cleared prior to the crash since, for Geo TB, that might be 500,000 TB points. But no, it only counts the squad I deployed and I therefore lose that squad and the ability to attempt that particular mission again.  A complete loss and waste.
  • What is the make/model of your device?
    • iPad Air - Model Number MD785LL/A
  • What OS is your device?
    • iOS Software Version 12.3.1
  • What is your Ally Code?
    • 172-538-457
Message 42 of 65 (893 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, everyone.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to look into this issue. I'll report back here if there are any updates.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 43 of 65 (890 Views)

★★ Novice

I am using an iPod Touch, latest iOS. SWGOH app dies/ crashes most often in Geos TB and rarely in TW almost never in arena, but it can happen anytime. My guild members are not impressed! No other app crashes on this device. 719493789 

Message 44 of 65 (881 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai wrote:

Hey there, everyone.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to look into this issue. I'll report back here if there are any updates.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

You’ll report back and repay us mightily. That’s what I’m reading.

Do you realize my GA, TW, TB scores are completely trashed. I miss out on gear, ranks, etc and so does my guild. FIX IT. MAKE IT RIGHT. Or tell us that your game isn’t meant for people with money and stop giving support on these devices.

Irritated,

Hormiga Roja

Message 45 of 65 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I own an iPhone 6S+. Don’t usually experience crashes but I have recently had the game stop during AI’s turn. This usually happens during a mass assist against one of my toons which resulted in a defeat of that toon. I’ve had this happen in a couple different game modes from Geo TB, GAC, and Fleet Arena. I have attached a photo of the Fleet Arena instance as reference, I will do the same for Geo TB if it happens again. My ally code is 561-724-825. 

Message 46 of 65 (858 Views)

★ Novice

This is a daily issue.  The game crashed minutes ago as I was about to clear Wave 1 in a bottom zone CM for Geo TB Phase 3.  Game also froze mid-battle, denying me Fleet #1 rewards.  I regret spending any money on this game as I’m considering just quitting all together.  I honestly don’t see this being resolved and only becoming worse and more frequent.

Surprise me.

Message 47 of 65 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

iOS 12.3.1, iPhone 6plus 128gb

ally code 811-574-773

-game crashes in 3/4 and 4/4 in geo battles almost every time

-game froze and black screened in squad battles a few times had to hard reset

-just recently started crashing in some events as well also around the halfway mark in the number of battles

I have also tried all the suggested remedies and can say this started to happen when I installed iOS12.3.1

Message 48 of 65 (828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi 

Had issues with tw and tb crashing for the past month now. It runs smoothly during battle and then just crashes. Most recently in geo tb e.g.thus current tb my bounty hunters get to wave 2 on every phase and then it crashes. Every other part of the game runs fine.

I use an ipad air, ios 12.3.1

Ally code: 875-928-753

Hope it can get fixed soon

Thanks

Message 49 of 65 (821 Views)

★ Novice

Sudden game shut downs occur about 50% of the time in the new Geo Territory wars.

this crash usually occurs before the first battle starts and after the battle button has been pushed, committing the team.

This crash can also occur between any two battle phases in  Geo territory battles.

A similar crash experience occurs at a less frequent rate in territory wars.

Iphone 6.

ally code 623 751 728

Software version 12.3.1

Message 50 of 65 (815 Views)