Re: Freezing / Crashing / Resets in Geonosis Territory Battles

by Otsegolation

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Droid factory (1st phase)

Non-Separatist CM.  Cleared 2/4 and on transition from 2 to 3 the game hung on a black screen with Acolyte's bowstring visible.  Game had to be restarted and was only given credit for clearing 1/4

2nd phase

Separatist Command.

Both combat missions, got to either 2/4 or 3/4 and the game crashed on transition into the next phase.  Was given credit for the 2/4 or 3/4 completed prior to crash

Petranaki Arena

Combat mission at West of zone, got to 2/4 and game crashed on transition into 3/4.  Was given credit for 3/4

EDIT: After all crashes when the game loaded back up I got the "Client out of sync" message and the game had to restart

Device = iPhone 6

OS = iOS 12.3.1

Ally code = 124-668-158

Message 11 of 65 (976 Views)

Iphone 6 crash on Geo TB and TW

★★ Novice

I want to report continuous crashes. I am using an Iphone 6, the phone is 10 months old so fairly new. It doesn’t have performance issues elsewhere. All areas of the game work well except for new Geo TB and TW. Arena matches, fleet arena matches, GA matches, long raid battles etc. Are all fine.

The problem in TW began a few months ago. When i enter battle, or sometime within the battle, the phone switches to iphone homescreen. When i tap the home button twice the game is still in the background, however when i switch to it, it begins from the start up screen. Therefore any battle progresion gets lost. This is the way the crash happens. This happens in almost all tw matches. My ios software is 12.3.1. The bug used to happen before the lastest version as well. If i clear ram before opening the game app, i can play one match in TW without crashing but if i enter a second one it crashes again. In new GEO TB the same bug happened in all but two missions until and including 3rd day. I also want to add that the phone does not over heat. This is very frustrating and it hurts my guild too since i am a top end player. I sincerely ask for a fix on this. Iphone 6 is not a very very ancient phone that the game can not be played on. Thank you.

ally code:792154193

Message 12 of 65 (892 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Please describe the behavior you experienced.

Numerous times. After hitting enter battle, game crashed and went to my ipad’s home screen. Transitioning from phase 2 to 3 in a combat mission, crashed but acknowledged my phase 2 win. Transitioning from 2 to 3, crashed without acknowledging phase 2 win, only showed 1/4 completed. Has happened over multiple days. 

• What point were you at in the Territory Battle?

various points. Entering battle, transitioning from phase 2 to 3

• What is the make/model of your device?

ipad mini 2

• What OS is your device?

• What is your Ally Code?

966-162-588

Message 13 of 65 (951 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Please describe the behavior you experienced. After selecting battle, the game would start to load venue, then would freeze and kick me back to my home screen. Would only post deployments. 
  • What point were you at in the Territory Battle? I was staring round two and froze twice. Again twice in round 3. 
  • What is the make/model of your device? iPhone 6
  • What OS is your device? 12.3.1
  • What is your Ally Code? 344-352-496
Message 14 of 65 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had an issue with both the app freezing (when transitioning between one wave to another) as well as the app crashing.

Day 1

App freeze - my BH squad was transitioning to wave 4 and the app froze before loading the wave. I completed wave 3, but only got credit for 2/4 because wave 4 did not load.

App Crash - my NS squad was in the middle of clearing wave 3 (would not have finished wave 4), and I only got credit for 2/4.

App Did NOT crash - EP/Vader/Thrawn/Nihilus/Sion cleared wave 3, failed wave 4. Credit for 3/4

Day 2

App Crash - BH squad finished wave 1, was fighting wave 2 when the app crashed. Got credit for 1/4

Day 3

App Crash - BH squad finished wave 2, was fighting wave 3 when the app crashed. Got credit for 2/4

App Crash - NS squad finished wave 1, as soon as the last enemy died the app crashed. Got credit for 0/4

App Did NOT crash - EP/Vader/Thrawn/Nihilus/Sion cleared wave 1, failed wave 1. Credit for 1/4

Device: Apple iPhone 6

Ally Code: 781-649-386

Message 15 of 65 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SWGOH crashed for me 3 times during Geonosis Territory Battles. One time I was in round 3 of a combat mission and the game lagged and then crashed. The other two times I did not even get to play the combat mission, as the game crashed after I selected my squad and the game started to transition into the combat mission. It still counted my squads as used and the mission complete, despite never playing the battle. I was using an iPad mini from 2016 with the current operating system. My ally code is 199-823-722.

Message 16 of 65 (929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game has crashed (app simply quits and pushes me out to the phone's home screen) during nearly all CM and SM during Geonosian TBs - can hit during the first, second, third or fourth phases.  The number of crashes to successful completion of missions is at least 2:1.  

Using an iPhone 6; ally code is 728-212-961; OS is 12.3.1.

This issue has also occurred frequently during TW.

Message 17 of 65 (923 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you all for the information! It's very helpful and appreciated. I've sent it up to the team. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 18 of 65 (905 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem as others, I have an iPhone 6.  At first I would get through a wave or 2 before crashing. Now as soon as I start it crashes and steals my team without even a chance to attempt.

this TB has been the worst but I have occasionally had similar issues with TW.  Grand Arena and other game modes seem to work fine.

my ally code is486411663

Message 19 of 65 (894 Views)

iphone

★★ Novice

Terrible game performance for the last 2 months. Freezing games on fleet and geonosian arena. Game crashes on iPhone 6 when playing fleet pvp or any battle. Happens randomly but costs too much. Any works on this part? Cause with any new patch its getting worse. Im losing resources every time and I don't see any results on fixing this bugs

Message 20 of 65 (960 Views)