Freezing / Crashing / Resets on older iOS devices

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezing / Crashing / Resets on older iOS devices

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Update: As the vast majority of issues are relating to older iOS devices (e.g. iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2, etc.), I am updating this thread and subject line to more accurately cover the issue.

Original Post:

Hello,

I'd like to gather more information regarding freezing, crashes, or game resets in the Geonosis Territory Battles. Please reply here with:

• Please describe the behavior you experienced.
  • What point were you at in the Territory Battle?
  • What is the make/model of your device?
  • What OS is your device?
  • What is your Ally Code?

Thank you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 65 (3,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freezing / Crashing / Resets on older iOS devices

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, everyone!

I really appreciate everyone reaching out here in the past week or so. With the recent update that dropped Legacy iOS devices on September 9th, it means that other devices - many that are listed here - are now minimum-spec devices. By nature of the game having higher system and hardware requirements, there may be additional stress on older hardware, such as the iPhone 5 series, iPad (4th Gen) and other iOS devices of that generation.

There are some things you can do to mitigate problems with freezing or crashing:

• Close all background apps besides SWGOH.
  • Fully shut down your device for a minute or two before restarting it.
  • Turn off some background services, such as Bluetooth or location services, while playing.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 61 of 65 (2,778 Views)

All Replies

Crash on Geo TB SM

★★★ Novice

Hi. Just had a crash on the first round of SM in Geo TB. Kinda annoyed as really looking forward to this. Screen froze, I kept it onscreen hoping to freeze for a minute or so. When to discord and screen was black when I went back to SWGOH app.

Message 1 of 65 (3,326 Views)

Re: Freezing

★★★★★ Novice

In my case game freezes on Geo TB, very frustrating. Samsung Galaxy S9+. I have a video but cannot attach it because this website just does strange redirects instead of posting reply

Message 2 of 65 (3,301 Views)

Geo TB resets after Level 3

★ Novice

In each phase of the Geo TB I have been using BH and have gone into the 4th round with full health and protection and the game resets. Relegated to 500k points when still fully armed for the next round fight. With every point counting towards stars, this is unacceptable. Something should be done. My WiFi is sound and my iPad is fine and OS is up to date. I cannot take a screen shot because it restarts mid-battle. Please help

Message 3 of 65 (3,297 Views)

Genosis TB Crash P2 CM!!!

★★ Novice

I went for 2 of CM battle and after complete wave 1 it crash and exit my app. Same with other CM. Why is this happening??? Lost a lot of points for my guild as the crucial character used for CM waste points bcz of CRaSH!!!! Platooning used the same character as i didnt platoon and used for CM. Ridiculous, lots a lot of points for my guild.... My guild need compensation for that. So disappoinment in this game lately

Message 4 of 65 (3,291 Views)

Re: Geo TB resets after Level 3

★★★ Novice
@poisonboy58 Same in my case. Every time I am in a battle, 3/4 or 4/4 the game resets when I am about to win or use an aoe
Message 6 of 65 (3,260 Views)

Re: Freezing / Crashing / Resets in Geonosis Territory Battles

★★★ Novice

Ipad air, latest ios at the moment. Plenty of free space 50+.

keeps crashing whenever I am 3/4 or 4/4 and about to win.

Noticed both friendly and enemy aoe may tigger game close.

when not, attack buttons disappear. 

Message 7 of 65 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game crashed twice during TB,

First one after completing round 2 on separatist Command(only got credit for completing round 1)

Second One after completing round 1 on Petranaki Arena, didn't get credit for it.

Both during Phase 2

iPhone 5S

iOS 12.3.1

ally code: 996-814-352

Message 8 of 65 (3,236 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, My game decided to prevent me from continuing my battle after I took out Ki Mundi. I tried putting it on auto hoping it would finish the battle but it stayed the same. How it came to be was Ki Mundi died from DOT or damage from palpatine's unique. I was battling the combat mission behind the Petranaki Arena on the last stage which had two Arc troopers,Ima Gundi,a Jedi and Ki Mundi as I said before. I had other instances during the stages in the same combat mission everytime someone dies from DOT either from Nightsister plague or shock.   I'm using a Samsung S7 Skypro android. My ally code is 135-122-351

http://prntscr.com/o87pyw
tried autoing to finish the battle for me.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594064958812323842/594421626444185610/Screenshot_20190629-025...
no abilities to win the battle 

Message 9 of 65 (3,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game Crash to my home screen while doing my combat missions in the new Geonosis TB. Also got client restart after re-opening the game both times.

Phase 2 middle territory CM below Platoons

Phase 2 bottom territory CM next to Special mission

Apple iPhone 6 Plus

iOS

Ally Code: 469-769-714 

Message 10 of 65 (3,217 Views)