Re: Freezes with HDD usage on DX11 and 1-2 free RAM

by ShredHeadMax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezes with HDD usage on DX11 and 1-2 free RAM

★★★★ Novice

I have 90+ fps all the time, but then it starts to freeze for a second every 5-15 seconds. In action and in menus. On the same map, on the same place and situation. Sometimes it works 3 min fine and then freezes starts. Some times i have 3-4 good games and then freezes. It's not RAM problem 'casuse I have 1 or even 2 free GB. Settings (ultra->high) doesn't affect it at all.

Also I noticed that it uses HDD heavily on freeze time and then goes back to low HDD usage, and then again freeze and HDD. Swap file? I dont think so 'cause 1.5 gb of free memory.

Specs:

8 GB RAM

GTX 970 4gb

i5 5740

ultra or high, 1600x900, borderless

DX11 

Message 1 of 3 (574 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

No, it was RAM problem: Windows shows 1-1.5 free but already uses pagefile. I tried to extend RAM and it helped. Video settings (high or ultra) do not affect it at all.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (601 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ShredHeadMax Try running the game in fullscreen with Vzync on. It may be your resolution as well, try 1080p high settings rather than ultra 900p. If the issue persists, it may be your HDD is just slow. 7200rpm is preferable. Reinstalling the game may also help, though inconvenient

Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, it was RAM problem: Windows shows 1-1.5 free but already uses pagefile. I tried to extend RAM and it helped. Video settings (high or ultra) do not affect it at all.

Message 3 of 3 (602 Views)