Re: Freeze on match start

by sidfamer

Original Post

Freeze on match start

★★★★ Novice

I experience very annoying freezes on match starts. It happens when the base vehicle unfolds itself. It happens only with WiFi connection. And it does not happen all the time, but when it does it happens on a succession of matches.

The match counts as lost.

A workaround is to disable WiFi. Eventually it reconnects but I have lost the first 10 to 20 seconds which gives me a huge disadvantage.

This is very annoying. Is this a known issue? Are there any plans to fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (432 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @MrButthead86, your username gave me a chuckle! Large smile Sorry you're facing this issue, sounds super inconvenient. Have you tried with Cellular Data and does the same thing occur? And does this occur after you restart you WiFi Modem? That may help. If it's still occurring, can I get your Device, OS and your Persona ID found in Settings > About so I can investigate this further? Thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens to me also.  When The freeze finishes, the base deploys in fast mode(on high speed) right? But you realize that opponent has already taken a step. 

Message 3 of 5 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. When you reconnect, the game ticks in fast forward mode until you catch up to the opponents state.

When I use only my cell connection, it won't happen.

With my WiFi connection the game is lost, when it happens. I only can reconnect if I quickly turn of WiFi. And then there is the fast forward problem as soon the reconnect has happened.

Again - it does not always happen with WiFi mode. The next time it does I will restart the router and provide the additional information you have been asking for.

Message 4 of 5 (377 Views)

★ Novice

It happen to me too.Start from the morning recently I have experience in "poor networking" before but it happen sometime and then in the morning when I play the game freeze when MCV unfold for 2-3 seconds that so annoying even when I watch the replay the game is freeze in the same process as while playing. What should I have to do?

Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)