Freeze for a milli sec then CTD

by pirrof

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freeze for a milli sec then CTD

★ Apprentice

Battlefield 5 is crashing to desktop while playing, randomly in any map.
Screen is freezing for 5 milli seconds then crash.
Reset Origin cache serval times, and even reinstalled windows 2 times now. What can it be?

Message 1 of 14 (877 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freeze for a milli sec then CTD

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If apps or only Origin crashes even after a OS reinstallation? I would start suspecting the hardware, HDD integrety and memory (timings) etc most of all.:

-Check HDD files (windows file check) and surface (hdd test app)

-Update NVMe or sata driver manually

-Update HDD firmware if possible

-Try another hdd cable if applicable or Sata port

-Disable XMP or test with one DIMM

-Try another harddrive

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (785 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

First of all make sure the BFV files are checked for errors (repair in Origin) and all gamefiles are up-to-date.

-If the windows documents files are not completely wiped during a reinstall or if the windows\user documents folder is not on that disc and hyperlinked linked once again in the new OS enviroment it could be you still use an old config file for the game? solution for this would be to wipe the files in x:\users\*you*\documents\battlefield 5

if the issue is not settings related

-Disable G-sync / multimonitor setup in NV software and g-sync hardware

-Be sure you have the latest Windows updates, Nvidia drivers, NIC and audio drivers installed

-Disable virus scanner(s)

-Run the game minimized (Alt+Ent)

-Install Intel chipset software

-Update motherboard and GPU BIOS if possible (GPU factory supplied software)

Hope it helps!

_________________________________________________________________________________

EA Champion

Message 2 of 14 (839 Views)

★ Apprentice
@XTRA-Larsiano Thx for the help! After the update of today, i cant even launch the game anymore. I tought the new nvidia driver would solve the problem but no. I updated every driver with drivereasy, so every possible hardware is up to date now. Aslo wipe the document map and clear origin. What is going on.
Message 3 of 14 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@pirrof  Thank you for the update! Are you sure all the above steps have been done and all game files are oke (repair) and the update has been downloaded and installed completely? Also Reset NV settings to default and  or use a NV driver cleaner and start fresh

EA Champion

Message 4 of 14 (809 Views)

★ Apprentice
@XTRA-Larsiano @XTRA-Larsiano Yess, i've done all the steps, im trying to repair the game now, but you wont believe it, its crashing while repairing, i get an BSOD, or orgin crashed. NV drivers are reinstalled with DDU.
Message 5 of 14 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If apps or only Origin crashes even after a OS reinstallation? I would start suspecting the hardware, HDD integrety and memory (timings) etc most of all.:

-Check HDD files (windows file check) and surface (hdd test app)

-Update NVMe or sata driver manually

-Update HDD firmware if possible

-Try another hdd cable if applicable or Sata port

-Disable XMP or test with one DIMM

-Try another harddrive

EA Champion

Message 6 of 14 (786 Views)

★ Apprentice
@XTRA-Larsiano Thanks for the feedback!. I did an windows file check, and there where some faults actually. So the repair of BFV has succeeded now. The game starts also, in DX12 i still get some crashes randomly, DX11 i played a couple of rounds without any crash, so it looks like its more stable now, but I keep my fingers crossed. Thanks!
Message 7 of 14 (747 Views)

Community Manager

@pirrof 

We'll keep an eye out for more reports of crashing in DX12 and make sure the BF team is aware of that, but keep us updated on how things run in the next 24 hours. If there was something specific @XTRA-Larsiano  mentioned here that helped lead you in the right direction in getting this fixed, be sure to mark it as solved so others have an easier way of finding it too. 

Great news you were able to locate some faults and get this moving in the right direction. Good luck in The Pacific! Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 14 (741 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry unfortunately, the game is crashing again, randomly while playing it is crashing to desktop. No matter if i play on DX11 or DX12. I i want to run it stable for one, i have the clean the Origin map and then a reboot, and still i have to be lucky it wil not crash but its the only way now to try to run it stable.
Message 9 of 14 (707 Views)

Community Manager

@pirrof 

Do you have Nahimic Audio installed on your PC or use Killer Control Center?

Try disabling Nvidia Fast Sync if you have that enabled too. 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 14 (695 Views)