Re: Freeze during GA

by Unit10101

Original Post

Freeze during GA

★★★★ Novice

My first GA, second round.  Pretty excited!  Game froze during a battle (which I was winning with understaffed team).  Had to go in and finish it with another team.  I would not have won the GA round since the opposing fleet was too strong for me, but I feel I lost out on some points.  Using Pixel X on Android.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 13 (2,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happens again, and this was a GA I could have won!  Help needed, or at least a response.

Message 2 of 13 (1,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Again and again.  Two times more I lost a (winning) team in a Grand Arena battle.  This latest time my 97k power BH team went up against 69k power Jedi/CLS team --- I killed two, another was almost done, had all 5 BHs and my contract, and was probbaly going to win when game froze and when I went back in all the Jedi were back alive (not a Jolee team) but my BH team had gone and I was 1 battle down.

Using Nokia relatively new Nokia 8.1 with latest Android One.

Please respond.

Message 3 of 13 (1,834 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me in GAC, in squad arena, and in territory war in the past two weeks.  In each instance, I lose a whole squad; my opponent doesn't even lose the characters I defeated before the freeze.  This is costing both me and my guild.

Message 4 of 13 (1,824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At first I thought it was because of my Pixel-C android tablet (no longer receives Android updates) but this happens on my new-ish Nokia Android One mobile phone.  It's very annoying to lose a whole squad in what may have been a winning encounter, to lose your full team, and to have the opposing team remain unaffected.  I understand why CG should not reset the encounter if time outs, but this is game freeze. :-(

Would be nice to have a response from an EA rep.

Message 5 of 13 (1,819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Again!  Sent in Traya against NS in GA, and game froze on me at 4:37 seconds while I was checking 'Isolate' text.  Lost the battle and use of the Traya team!!  Not nice. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,656 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Unit10101,

We can advise some troubleshooting to help limit the occurrence of crashing. Please read and perform the steps relevant for your device as outlined here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Star-Wars-Galaxy-of-Heroes-Basic-Troubleshooting-Guide/td...

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 13 (1,643 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do regular restarts of client and my tablet.  These troubleshooting suggestions would still leave me losing the encounter.  Again today, I went into my fleet battle in GA, expecting to win (my fleet shares #1 and #2 in my shard) but game froze before ships even settled into starting position (ships were frozen partway on entry).  Not good.

Message 8 of 13 (1,609 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Just lost another encouter in GA, when my top team should have won (it was down to 5 v 3 in my favour) when game froze.  Completely messes up my GA.  It's getting to the point where it won't be worth playing in GAs anymore.  To ask me to reset or reboot isn't good enough, because that does not right the wrong of the losing encounter.  Surely you can see in logs the battles that time out when the attacking player had the stronger team,  My ally code is 917-197-765 (Kuro Neko).

Message 9 of 13 (1,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another freeze in Grand Arena.  My 3x3 Traya team vs GBA team.  I was checking some abilities, the text popped up, and game froze.  Less than 1 minute into battle.  Game restes itself and when I go back I have lost the battle, and my Traya team and the GBA squad is still there.  No point in competing in this GA now.

Message 10 of 13 (1,287 Views)