Franchise mode freezing when creating a team

by NoTrigger74

Original Post

Re: Expansion Mode Crash

★★★ Novice

Still crashing after the update. Once arena, jersey, and eveything was edited i hit save button ... and then the game crashed ... same generic errror code. 

Message 21 of 67 (931 Views)

NHL 19 Freezing on Create a Team

★★★ Newbie

So ever since NHL 08 i have made a custom hockey league. But NHL 19 is slowly ruining it. It keeps freezing while i make teams and crashes to the Xbox Dashboard. Its not my console every other game i have works fine not only that i took back my first copy of NHL 19 got a new one and it still Freezes i looked at the CD no scratches or nothing IDK maybe something happened while it was Installing or Updating or it needs a patch. If anyone has any ideas i would love to here.

Message 22 of 67 (875 Views)

Re: Crashing during Franchise mode

★★★ Newbie

Same here, always when editing kits.

Is it working for you now or is it still bugging?

Maybe deleting it and reinstall it will work? Have any of you tried that?

Message 23 of 67 (882 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having the same issue.  5/5 times.   Spend 30 minutes then crashes.   I’ve ensured all software is updated, and have restored licenses as per some suggested fixes I’ve read online.  However, that did not help.   Still crashes.  Every.  Single.  Time.   

Message 24 of 67 (901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here on PS4. Probably 20-30 minutes into doing the logos and jerseys, I started editing my away jersey and it crashed. 

Message 25 of 67 (892 Views)

Freeze and Crash Xbox One

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Start a franchise game. It freezes with loud “freeze”noise. Then kicks you out of the game back to home page. When you restart, everything up to that point is gone
What do you expect to see? A game that works?
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise. Create a team. Expansion team.
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) It’s about the 6th or 7th time
What is your time zone? CTT - GMT + 8:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? DRW1AJN
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

This happened with two separate games, on two separate systems, with two separate internet connections, both wired and wireless. It’s happened in three different modes (franchise, create a team, expansion). And at random points (load up screen, middle of the game, switching audio, changing jerseys, changing arenas).

Message 26 of 67 (827 Views)

★ Apprentice

And it doesn’t matter...custom or default rosters you can not play expansion mode. Give me a break EA. This is the biggest bug in the history of sports games. The biggest mide is unplayable and we’ve heard nothing

Message 27 of 67 (879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EntaZz wrote:

No, I haven’t, but I would be shocked given the mass amount of ppl having this same issue. That wouldn’t be an install error but a cooked in big in the game. 

Also, I have had this same type of freeze and crash issues throughout other aspects of the game, it’s definitely not isolated. They need to patch hard. 

I am thinking more that it’s something like a memory leak. The crashes routinely occur during all forms of team creation and I noticed it seemed to be during kit edits and usually after working on it for a while (and amassing a larger recently used colors palet). 

I know that’s it’s not much of a consolation but I did finally complete my team creation by using the main menu team creation hub and saving and exiting from the team creation after editing each individual aspect of a uniform (ie. Home jersey - save, away socks - save, alternate skater equipment - save) incredibly tedious, yes, but I was able to get through it. 

Then, when inserting into a franchise mode I had to be quick and basic with the AHL team editing, cuz it froze multiple tunes there too! (Got away with just changing logos, team colors, uni kit color application (just using the apply team colors) etc... every additional option edited seemed like a roll of the dice) 

As soon as you get into the franchise menu, SAVE and SAVE AGAIN! ...because I also had it freeze and crash during the entry draft in like round 5, and I spent a lot of time in the draft too (more again making it seem like growing memory leak until it locks up and crashes)

i just suggest constantly creating saves to fall back on as often as you can until they figure this stuff out (in nhl 18 you could also edit your uniforms in the off-season, if that’s still the case, maybe that’s the way to get all you want out of the custimization, albeit, you’d have to wait until after you complete your first season)

Message 28 of 67 (858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah you were right. Reinstalled it which didn’t work.. like you say they need to patch, it’s like multiple ”baby issues” if you know what I mean, you find things, bugs etc when the game is revealed that the developers has to take care of.

Message 29 of 67 (844 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I know this is tl;dr level post but I figured I repost this here from another Expansion Mode Crash report. 

Its not a solution, but maybe a tedious work around, or at least an expression of the obvious... 

but if you have the patience you can try it...

@EntaZz wrote:

No, I haven’t, but I would be shocked given the mass amount of ppl having this same issue. That wouldn’t be an install error but a cooked in big in the game. 

Also, I have had this same type of freeze and crash issues throughout other aspects of the game, it’s definitely not isolated. They need to patch hard. 

I am thinking more that it’s something like a memory leak. The crashes routinely occur during all forms of team creation and I noticed it seemed to be during kit edits and usually after working on it for a while (and amassing a larger recently used colors palet). 

I know that’s it’s not much of a consolation but I did finally complete my team creation by using the main menu team creation hub and saving and exiting from the team creation after editing each individual aspect of a uniform (ie. Home jersey - save, away socks - save, alternate skater equipment - save) incredibly tedious, yes, but I was able to get through it. 

Then, when inserting into a franchise mode I had to be quick and basic with the AHL team editing, cuz it froze multiple tunes there too! (Got away with just changing logos, team colors, uni kit color application (just using the apply team colors) etc... every additional option edited seemed like a roll of the dice) 

As soon as you get into the franchise menu, SAVE and SAVE AGAIN! ...because I also had it freeze and crash during the entry draft in like round 5, and I spent a lot of time in the draft too (more again making it seem like growing memory leak until it locks up and crashes)

i just suggest constantly creating saves to fall back on as often as you can until they figure this stuff out (in nhl 18 you could also edit your uniforms in the off-season, if that’s still the case, maybe that’s the way to get all you want out of the custimization, albeit, you’d have to wait until after you complete your first season)

Message 30 of 67 (825 Views)