Framerate in VR does not seem to match the actual HMD framerate

by Profanicus

Original Post

Re: Framerate in VR does not seem to match the actual HMD framerate

★ Apprentice

VR is broken..the internal game engine/tick rate only runs at 60hz (to accommodate PlayStation) so PC VR is broken as PC HMD's are 80/90 Oculus or 90/120/144 Valve...should not have been released like this.

Message 11 of 15 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Can confirm this is fixed in the latest update.

Message 12 of 15 (2,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ProfanicusThat is awesome news! So whats the framerate at now and how smooth is it with the Oculus Rift S? A big improvemwnt with the "No Notes" patch?

Vsynch on or off? Supersampling? Any other settings?

Message 13 of 15 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I didn't know exactly what the internal framerate was before (people said it was 60) because it's hard to say without video capture and counting frames.

But now I can tell it is running at 1:1 on the Rift S. Every frame sent to the headset is unique rather than a bunch of duplicates, and the game feels smooth like it should.

I imagine this does make performance worse since now it has to do more rendering work. Standard smile

I didn't do anything with settings yet. I haven't played since launch due to this issue. V-sync likely makes no difference in VR, I think I have it on. Super sampling is at 1 from memory. I'm running mostly around medium settings, I think.

Message 14 of 15 (375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a Samsung Odyssey+ and a 2080 Super and when the headset is set to 90hz it still stutters like crazy. The only workaround is to force the headset to 60hz, then its smooth.

Please fix this! Been waiting for a real fix before I really start playing this game

Message 15 of 15 (343 Views)