Framerate drops in menus and gameplay (on all settings)

by ChengOtty

Original Post

Framerate drops in menus and gameplay (on all settings)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So a couple of days ago I decided to give the game a try despite all the press. I'm beginning to regret that decision because from the very beginning I ran into performance problems.

The issues already start in the main menu. Selecting a submenu or opening a loot box often freezes the game for a moment before it continues. And the issues also manifest themselves during gameplay (so far I have only played some of the arcade maps, I would get my * handed to me playing a match online with these issues). What I have noticed is it's worst during the first minute or so of playing. After that the framerate seems to stabilize itself at the 60 fps I'm aiming for (Vsync on).

I recorded some gameplay to illustrate the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_m4jcnn2pM&feature=youtu.be

You can see the menu issues a little bit and the gameplay issues very well (on all settings), along with the framerate stabilizing after about a minute (again, on all settings).

I tried every solution I could find online: turn off Origin overlay, turn off full screen optimization, try borderless mode, turn off Vsycn, turn down the shadows, deactivate the Gamebar (I reactivated it to record the footage, but deactivating it didn't change a thing), turn off shader cache in AMD settings, enable XMP in BIOS and so on. Absolutely nothing worked. You guys have any other ideas? Something driver related, maybe? From what I've read people had similar problems when the TLJ patch was released in December so I'm crossing my fingers someone has a solution. Because when I did get to play and the framerate stopped being an *, the game was a lot of fun.

Specs:

MB: MSI H170A PC MATE
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 4x 3.20GHz
GPU: 8GB MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
HDD: 1000GB Seagate Desktop
SSD: 250GB Samsung 750 Evo

Game runs off SSD.

Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Re: Framerate drops in menus and gameplay (on all settings)

EA DICE Team
Hey @ChengOtty sorry to hear about the issues you are having Battlefront 2.

Try rolling back to one of these drivers:17.11.4, 17.11.2 or 17.12.1 for your AMD GPU card.

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (116 Views)