by ImSureItsNexus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Framerate drop after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So i just installed new event update and noticed a few things :

1. EA logo flickering on start

2.HUGE fps drop anywhere, on any graphics settings, even the menu lags after finishing the match 

3.I get 7 fps when loading into the game(black screen)

40 fps on character selection, about 20 fps on the ship

No problems in other games

Here's a screenshot from Far Cry 5

My specs are 1060 6GB; Ryzen 1600X; 16GB RAM

Message 1 of 75 (9,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends in game FPS drop

[ Edited ]

Hey all.

I have seen people fix this issue by deleting EAC in the Apex Legends folders.
Open your File explorer and locate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex
And delete following files:

• EasyAntiCheat
  • EasyAntiCheat_launcher.exe
  • EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll

Then locate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\__Installer\customcomponent 

And delete following files:

• EasyAntiCheat

Then restart Origin, go to Game Library, click on Apex Legends.
Then go to settings -> Game Properties and repair the game.

Let me know if this maybe solved the issue.
with special thanks to The_TibberEraVentura

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 75 (17,067 Views)

All Replies

Rif.: Framerate drop after update

★★★ Novice

I already had frame drops since some weeks ago. sometimes it is stuck at 2 fps (2!!!), I watched the gpu usage and this is the result.

I never had lower than 100 fps before.

Message 2 of 75 (9,682 Views)

Suddenly FPS problems

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I've playing constantly with the game. Untill today i was always playing with 90-100fps but today i've got just 25-30fps sometimes its jumps to 100 than back to 50-40 than 25-30 again.

The game is unplayable. I dont know if its related with the new update or not because yesterday i had no issue. I didnt changed anything in my settings. Yesterday just turned off the pc and today turned on.

Here is my spec: FX8350; 16gb ram; gtx 970 4gb

Anyone has some idea or got the same issue?

Message 3 of 75 (9,644 Views)

Re: Suddenly FPS problems

★★ Novice

I have a ryzen 2700x and GTX 2080 Super, ran well over 100fps at 1440p, since the voidwalker update my game drops to 40fps consistently, unplayable. I noticed while playing my GPU load is very low, around 30% or lower when the FPS dips. CPU is not maxed out. But when in the menus i get high gpu load and a stable 155fps which matches my 155hz monitor. Even in the training game mode my game is smooth as can be with perfect FPS. Stumped.

Message 4 of 75 (9,627 Views)

HUGE FPS DROP

★★ Novice

I have a Ryzen 2700x and Nvidia 2080 Super. Game ran well over 100fps consistently at 1440p before last patch. All my other games work as they did before. In the menu everything seems fine, my FPS caps at around 155 that maches my monitors 155hz refresh rate. Even the training mode I can play with no problems. But when i play any of the online game modes my FPS rarely ever reaches over 100fps and floats around 40-50 fps. Like i said before, didnt change anything and all other games work just as they did before, so it's not a hardware issue on my end. 

Also, i was watching my GPU load which usually stays up abover 70% minimum, seems to sit at around 30% most of the time.... the game is all of a sudden not utilizing my GPU to its fullest?

Message 5 of 75 (9,584 Views)

Apex Legends in game FPS drop

★ Novice

Hi, I am playing apex legends on PC. Configuration is Windows 10 64bit, 16GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2070 Super. Early in day of 04-sep-2019, the game was working fine, but from the afternoon time, i have been experiencing a significant drop of FPS in the game. Earlier I used to get a constant 144FPS. Now I am only getting around 40-50 FPS after joining a game. I have attached screenshots to show difference between the FPS values at different times in game.

Message 6 of 75 (9,581 Views)

Rif.: Suddenly FPS problems

★★★ Novice

On my side the game drops to 2-3 fps since some weeks ago and the gpu results full utilized for some reasons while before I didn't drop under 100 fps.

Message 7 of 75 (9,594 Views)

Re: Suddenly FPS problems

★★★★★ Novice

Absolutly the same problem!!! Started since this day i have 30-60 fps on GTX 1660 TI and Ryzen 1600.
yesterday i had 144 FPS all time... 

Message 8 of 75 (9,585 Views)

Re: HUGE FPS DROP

★★★★★ Novice
@Mist3rBorrowitz same since this day i have 30-60 fps on GTX 1660 TI and Ryzen 1600.
yesterday i had 144 FPS all time...
Message 9 of 75 (9,566 Views)

PLEASE HELP: Low GPU usage and low FPS out of nowhere

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I am running a 2070 SUPER FTW3, 3700x, and 32GB of LPX DDR4 3200 CL 16. I was getting consistently over 100 FPS in drop ship with my old settings, even last night it was working. Now I get 25-30 in the drop ship and 40 on the ground, virtually unplayable with the stuttering as well, and I cant seem to figure out why. Training mode is fine and doesn't have the issue, it allows me to get a good FPS while utilizing 99% of the GPU. Ive DDUd the driver and reinstalled the newest, switched from the OC BIOS on the card back to the normal one. I was using Riva Tuner to cap the FPS in game but I have since turned that off as I was worried it was causing the issue but alas it remains. The weird thing is that in the menu the GPU usage is around 80% but when it transitions to the drop ship the usage drops to 30%. I've tried every guide I can find to fix this, please help. This is my second GPU I've had to RMA because of Apex problems. Respawn won't help at all and I just want to play the darn game. Other games work fine and max out the GPU usage by the way. 

Message 10 of 75 (9,520 Views)