Re: Frame drops and stuttering frequently

by Rallient01

Original Post

Frame drops and stuttering frequently

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've actually had this problem for quite a while now, but I mostly notice it when I'm using my controller to play (I know, PC player using a controller, silly right?) Some days the game runs flawlessly, almost max 144 fps, butter-smooth, and looks absolutely beautiful.  More than not, I experience a lot of FPS drops, even as low as 20-30 fps, and that occurs when I'm in battle or shooting.  I've tried turning my settings all the way down, even doing 720p, and I still am receiving the same results.  My CPU and GPU temps are fine as well.  This is the only game I've been running into problems with, all of my other games I play run just fine, hence why I'm so stumped as to why this is the one game that doesn't like to cooperate with me.  I've attempted the following to resolve this issue, but none seem to work:

- Setting priority to high

- Repairing

- Re-installing

- Restarting my PC

- Lowest settings

Again, this mainly happens when I'm using my controller.  I've noticed that it also happens when I'm not using a controller, but it's not as frequent.  

Specs:

MSI RTX 2060

Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.8ghz

16 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000mhz

MSI B350 Mobo (I've had this for a couple of years now and it's starting to get a little old)

650W Corsair PSU

Any help would be awesome! I've tried looking at youtube tutorials and other posts on here to fix it but nothing seems to work.  

TLDR; Despite having above the recommended specs, I constantly receive fps drops when playing, especially when using a controller.  All of the "fixes" I've tried don't work.

Message 1 of 7 (381 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @Rallient01 

have a look here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Visual-Glitches-and-Stuttering-in-game/m-p/9869777/highli... 

I think this will help many dudes out there....

Message 2 of 7 (360 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll go ahead and give this a quick try here shortly.  Does this force my graphics to go to below the minimum?  I just feel like if I have a decent 8-core processor and an RTX 2060 I should be able to run the game fine with medium-high settings, but with any settings in general (before I try this) it would be weird at times.

Message 3 of 7 (327 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've a 3070 and can't run the game stable without this config, so give a try.

Message 4 of 7 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

Seemed to work just fine.  Again, I know I mentioned that sometimes with normal settings the game would work flawlessly on one day, and then on another day it didn't want to run well.  I've thought about potentially downloading the game on steam to see if that would also help.  Is there a way to up the settings using this program?

Message 5 of 7 (313 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Rallient01 

If this solved your problem, please mark it with "Accept solution", thank you 😊

You mean if apex with steam works better? Since I recently switched to steam, a very clear yes from me.
Message 6 of 7 (301 Views)

★★ Novice

Coming back to this, I just launched the game and had the same problems as listed before... Not for sure what is going on here.  I am thinking about switching over to the steam version to see if maybe that would help better.  I'm assuming I'll be able to link my account, and as far as origin/apex friends go; will they be there as well?

Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)