Frame drops and Stuttering after Update NFS UNBOUND

by gagugamer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frame drops and Stuttering after Update NFS UNBOUND

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

NFS Unbound totally unplayable after the patch update today. It was working smoothly before, I had even recorded videos using NVIDIA overlay. Now I cant even select the race without frame drops. There is constant stuttering while driving the car. I was playing in Ultra before and now I can even race in Low settings.

Here is the video of before and after the update:

https://youtu.be/nuGtw_Ib2z0

Message 1 of 18 (6,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frame drops and Stuttering after Update NFS UNBOUND

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I uninstalled the latest driver for nvidia and installed a previous version 527.36. Seems like an issue with the Graphic driver. My game is working smoothly now.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (5,840 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry @EA_Mai @Nvidia 1660ti 6gb, 8gb RAM, i5 9300H

I was getting avg 41fps before the update. Now even while loading the game stutters. I was on the final week of the game. This really sucks. Atleast tell me how to revert a patch, I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't work.

Message 2 of 18 (5,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i am also having the same issue, when in a race i drop to 4 fps for 3 or so mins then the frames come back, i can not use my controler and only keyboard  input works i am on a ryzen 7 3700x and rtx 3080 10GB 32 gb ram

Message 3 of 18 (5,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I uninstalled the latest driver for nvidia and installed a previous version 527.36. Seems like an issue with the Graphic driver. My game is working smoothly now.

Message 4 of 18 (5,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue, I dont remember the game running this bad before the first update. After the update when racing around the city i get 40-50fps at high settings 1080p. My specs - Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3070, 16GB RAM (2x8GB)

Message 5 of 18 (5,811 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @gagugamer  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 18 (5,734 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've resolved the issue, The lastest Nvidia drivers were messing with the NFS update, I reverted to previous version which worked for me

Message 7 of 18 (5,724 Views)

★★★ Novice

Rolling back the driver to 527.19 did not help i am getting more frame drops.

i have also tried a clean bboot next is to try repairing the game.

is anyone else still having issues with the game?

Message 8 of 18 (5,688 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have noticed during the frame drops that my cpu drops to 30 % usage same with the GPU

Message 9 of 18 (5,679 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same Frame Drops which mostly appear after 30-60 min in the Game and than constantly happen sometimes they are even there for minutes mostly for a few seconds.

Im using and AMD RX 6800 though but it doesnt matter which driver Im using and sometimes you can play a Session no Problem somtimes it gets unplaybale. ONLY in this NFS not in the new MWII game or others.. My GPU usage drops aswell but also the clock goes down to 100mhz or even lower than this happens, the whole System lags (Videos on 2. Monitor) but as soon as I tab out of the game everything is normal again than I tab back into it it lags and drops again.. Last time I preorder any EA Game at this point its annyoing 2 weeks in after release and still a Beta Game for 70€ I cant get over week 1 now In Game cause of this annyoing lagging I only play a day or night per session that mostly working for me..

Message 10 of 18 (5,668 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help