Frame Stuttering with DX12

by idanielzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frame Stuttering with DX12

★ Novice

I am experiencing major frame stuttering at all levels of graphical options. I have narrowed this down to DX12 being enabled. Does anyone else have this issue? i have been in contact twice with support and their troubleshoot hasnt worked and so it must be a bug with the game. 

Message 1 of 6 (11,949 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frame Stuttering with DX12

Hero (Retired)

@idanielzz Ok so its a start other things to look turn off PC and unplug it and blow dust out of the case, video cards fans as well.

Other then this make sure its not a program helping make the issue by doing a clean boot...  

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

If this fails to fix it look at setting for the video card driver and how you installed the driver for your video card see below if needed.....

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and for AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install

Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVidia; http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Download the one you have and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!

It is very normal for windows to install a video card driver on you this is why you must pick advanced then clean install when you get to the part to install the new video card driver. See part 2 step 2

1- press windows button,NOTE>>> Or just go to device manger and skip to step 5

2- right click my computer,

3- press property’s, you will get a new window here.

4- in the new window click device manger on your left side of the screen, you will get another new window here,

5- you will see in the latest window a list of devices you have in your computer, click on the arrow beside Display driver and a small fall down menu will show you what kind of graphic card you have.

6- left click on your (graphic card name) so it’s highlighted in blue,

7- right click (graphic card name) and press property’s, you will get a new small window here,

8- in the new small window click on Drivers, you will see the name between the tabs,

9- in the driver menu click on uninstall, you will now get a really small window that ask you if you’re really sure that you want to uninstall you’re graphic card drivers,

10- click ok, Reboot PC

Part 2.....

1- after you have started up/ rebooted your computer click on your graphic card install file,

2- follow the instructions of your graphic card installer, Pick Custom / Advanced and only check off for Nvidia 1- Graphics Driver and PhysX System as well as check off clean install

2- for AMD card only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install

3- when you have Installed your new graphic card drivers restart / Reboot your computer.

4- you’re done. Test BFV

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (11,917 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@idanielzz I play with DX12 on no issues but different systems react different depending what we have going on. Did you play with settings in game before it started or get a win 10 update the list goes on what it could be from. Have a look at my write up it may help you with settings... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M2480

Message 2 of 6 (11,932 Views)

★ Novice
this has definitely dampened the stuttering but its still there however not as prominent
Message 3 of 6 (11,924 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@idanielzz Ok so its a start other things to look turn off PC and unplug it and blow dust out of the case, video cards fans as well.

Other then this make sure its not a program helping make the issue by doing a clean boot...  

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

If this fails to fix it look at setting for the video card driver and how you installed the driver for your video card see below if needed.....

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and for AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install

Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVidia; http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Download the one you have and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!

It is very normal for windows to install a video card driver on you this is why you must pick advanced then clean install when you get to the part to install the new video card driver. See part 2 step 2

1- press windows button,NOTE>>> Or just go to device manger and skip to step 5

2- right click my computer,

3- press property’s, you will get a new window here.

4- in the new window click device manger on your left side of the screen, you will get another new window here,

5- you will see in the latest window a list of devices you have in your computer, click on the arrow beside Display driver and a small fall down menu will show you what kind of graphic card you have.

6- left click on your (graphic card name) so it’s highlighted in blue,

7- right click (graphic card name) and press property’s, you will get a new small window here,

8- in the new small window click on Drivers, you will see the name between the tabs,

9- in the driver menu click on uninstall, you will now get a really small window that ask you if you’re really sure that you want to uninstall you’re graphic card drivers,

10- click ok, Reboot PC

Part 2.....

1- after you have started up/ rebooted your computer click on your graphic card install file,

2- follow the instructions of your graphic card installer, Pick Custom / Advanced and only check off for Nvidia 1- Graphics Driver and PhysX System as well as check off clean install

2- for AMD card only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install

3- when you have Installed your new graphic card drivers restart / Reboot your computer.

4- you’re done. Test BFV

Message 4 of 6 (11,918 Views)

★ Novice
ok i have finally gone through the steps and when uninstalling the driver through device manager that worked thank you so mucH!
Message 5 of 6 (11,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@idanielzz Happy to help :] All the steps I gave you for everything including video card driver is how I do my rigs. EDIT... I think the issue comes in from people allowing the video card driver to install everything when its so not needed.

Message 6 of 6 (11,895 Views)