Frame Pacing Issues on PC

by cletusvandammeau

Original Post

Re: Frame Pacing Issues on PC

★★★ Novice

My mistake, but yes this is certainly game specific. I hope a solution is patched in soon, as this is why was so excited for pc Madden, because of the uncapped framerates. I'd just like to know it's a known issue, and is being addressed. I have yet to find anyone having uncapped fps working correctly, Amd or nVidia. 

Message 21 of 33 (744 Views)

★ Apprentice

@KriLdoS @EA_Barry @zimbomonkey1

Any more info on this one from EA or anyone else?  As per what @KriLdoS said, I only got Madden on PC because of the higher graphics quality it promised - really frustrating to be locked to 60fps anyway.  If we could have a response from EA on the likelihood for a patch for what seems to be a fairly common problem, that would be great.

Message 22 of 33 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to mostly fix it by upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. FWIW I play on a 60hz tv connected by HDMI. I'm not sure if it was Windows 7 itself that was at fault or just a bad install of it but it's mostly fixed and playable for me now.

Message 23 of 33 (701 Views)

★ Apprentice
If you're playing on a 60hz TV though, I assume you're not going to get over 60fps anyway? FWIW I am running Windows 10.
Message 24 of 33 (699 Views)

Community Manager

@cletusvandammeau

There is a slight issue currently with the combination of HDR and higher end displays, are you using HDR in Windows 10?

Can you disable that specific feature (and possibly WCG too) in Windows and let us know if you see any change, thanks.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

The issue I am referring to is expected to be addressed in an upcoming update.

barry.png
Message 25 of 33 (690 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sorry EA_Barry, no dice. I don’t have an HDR monitor nor was it turned on on Windows 10.
Message 26 of 33 (671 Views)

Community Manager

@cletusvandammeau

I would like to see where we are after the patch I referred to previously drops. It is likely that more than one issue will be addressed in that.

barry.png
Message 27 of 33 (645 Views)

★ Apprentice
Okay, thanks. Do you have a likely ETA for this patch?
Message 28 of 33 (639 Views)

Community Manager

@cletusvandammeau

I do not want to be too specific as the date may change if we add some more items to the patch or if it needs more work.

The patch is "upcoming", it wont be too long.

barry.png
Message 29 of 33 (631 Views)

★★★ Novice

Patch released today, and the problem remains. Is this still a known problem post patch?

Message 30 of 33 (609 Views)