Re: Fps drops on GTX 1060 6GB

by vulpesveritas

Original Post

Fps drops on GTX 1060 6GB

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I need help. I have FPS drops on my GTX 1060 . My spec : i5 6500 3.2, asus strix gtx 1060 6gb, 16 GB RAM , im try everything to fix drops FPS and no change . please help i need more FPS to play. My FPS dropping to 30 - 40 FPS not playble 

Message 1 of 9 (3,268 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AssassinExel Hello,

Please check your CPU and GPU usage using MSI Afterburner: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

https://www.msi.com/blog/setting-up-osd-with-msi-afterburner

Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (3,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Spoiler

ok thanks im try 

Message 3 of 9 (3,227 Views)

★★★ Novice

My cpu is 100 % usage that was no good how i fix this ? 

Message 4 of 9 (3,196 Views)

@AssassinExel wrote:

I need help. I have FPS drops on my GTX 1060 . My spec : i5 6500 3.2, asus strix gtx 1060 6gb, 16 GB RAM , im try everything to fix drops FPS and no change . please help i need more FPS to play. My FPS dropping to 30 - 40 FPS not playble 

@AssassinExel I see that your CPU is just below the minimum required specs to run BF1 so that isn't helping your performance any. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6500

What OS are you running? Did this issue start after a recent Battlefield or windows update? What level are your graphics set to?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 9 (3,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @ragnarok013    i have Windows 10 my issue start if i install BF1 first time and i play first game . my graphic setting on game are ULTRA  

Message 6 of 9 (3,172 Views)

@AssassinExel wrote:

Hi @ragnarok013    i have Windows 10 my issue start if i install BF1 first time and i play first game . my graphic setting on game are ULTRA  

BF1 is a very CPU intensive game, so since your CPU is just below minimum I recommend to drop your graphics to medium to see if you see any noticeable difference in performance.  The thing with hardware that doesn't meet minimum specs is that they may run perfectly for a while and then a windows update or title update drops and you experience issues. We don't know that the CPU is a cause at this point but we can see if this mitigates the issue. I also recommend disabling Origin in game under both the global Origin settings and under BF1's Origin settings as well as making sure you are using DX11 instead of DX12. The good thing is that you're not experiencing the latest Win10 update issue that prevents the game from opening at all so yay!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 9 (3,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 i set my graphic setting to medium and no change 

Message 8 of 9 (3,163 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AssassinExel

While I came up with this user.cfg file to combat a possibly different issue, perhaps the following modified version would reduce your CPU load.  If you want to give it a try, you'll want to disable motion blur and vsync in the in-game GUI first, then make the following user.cfg:

pefoverlay.drawfps 1
Gametime.maxvariablefps 60
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0