Fps drops and stutters Bfv

by tovin302

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fps drops and stutters Bfv

★ Novice

Hi, just bought bf5 a week ago and having some insane fps drops and stuttering. Settings are all on low and its dosent make a difference. Fps is average at about 50fps and the fps drops are multiple times in the minute. 

Thought it may be that my cpu is to old? 

Specs: AMD fx 8320, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb and game is installed on HDD. 

Message 1 of 4 (594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fps drops and stutters Bfv

★★ Novice
@tovin302 Looks like you found the culprit, IMO. Your CPU is starving that GPU because it can't keep up. BFV is a notorious CPU hog too. The extra ram will also help. GL

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (563 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@tovin302I would assume it's your CPU. Have you checked the usage of the CPU while you were playing? If it's upwards of 90% plus then that would be the culprit as it's starving the GPU.

edit: In addition, 8 gigs of ram is the bare minimum for this game. I have 16 gigs and BFV regularly used more than 8.

Message 2 of 4 (588 Views)

★ Novice

@Laimes08 wrote:

@tovin302I would assume it's your CPU. Have you checked the usage of the CPU while you were playing? If it's upwards of 90% plus then that would be the culprit as it's starving the GPU.

edit: In addition, 8 gigs of ram is the bare minimum for this game. I have 16 gigs and BFV regularly used more than 8.

Yes i forgot to say, i checked the usage with afterburn and cpu usage is at 95. So that means i need a new cpu?:d Also i ordered 8 more gigs of ram so i will have 16 in a couple of days

Message 3 of 4 (576 Views)

★★ Novice
@tovin302 Looks like you found the culprit, IMO. Your CPU is starving that GPU because it can't keep up. BFV is a notorious CPU hog too. The extra ram will also help. GL
Message 4 of 4 (564 Views)