Fps drop

by Demons961

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fps drop

★★★ Novice

Hello guys ive been having some fps drops while aiming sometimes and especially when spawning on locations  so could someone help me  .. i have i9 with an rtx 2080 and 16gb of ram..

Message 1 of 7 (3,881 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fps drop

★★★ Novice

Update my XMP was off for RAMS in bios "Facepalm" and i enabled it i got the 3k mhz ram now and its working perfect just some drops on loading or menu a bit but in game i dont feel any stutter when droping depends on what i am looking on

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (3,825 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @Demons961 

Have you seen this FPS guide created by one of our AHQ Heroes? There's some helpful tips in there to maximize FPS. Let us know how it works out and if not, include a DxDiag along with troubleshooting steps you've already attempted. If you're using any overlays like Discord or MSI Afterburner be sure to list those too.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,869 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry thankyou for your reply , i tried the fps guide and still the same thing happening.. ill send the file to the support.
Message 3 of 7 (3,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Demons961 Did you do all the settings I posted in part 2 of my write up on desktop and in game? We have almost the same gear if its a i9-9900K and a 2080Ti  and I pull off 160 - 200 FPS on a 144hrz screen that is 49in wide screen , depending on the map and what is going on around me. But most maps I am more near 200fps then 160fps on med settings and two ultra settings.  I would double check NVIDIA control panel and make sure its still on system performance under adjust image settings with preview as and same with origin settings make sure this is still off...

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If this does not fix it for you then a few questions for you so I can try to help you more as a FPS problem from strong PC parts is normally a setting or how the video card driver was installed and or a program like G force experience etc as stated by @EA_Blueberry EDIT.. And we need to know what troubleshooting steps you've already did?.......

1- Is your card a 2080 TI and is it a Asus 2080TI OC or another brand ? What exactly is your 2080?

2- When you installed your video card driver did you just let it install everything or did  you do custom install and limit what it installed?

3 - Did the FPS problem just start on the new map or is it on all maps in BFV?

4- With the FPS problem is this a new problem or always had it?

5- And what range do your FPS fall into?

6- What kind of screen do you use and its size?

Message 4 of 7 (3,844 Views)

★★★ Novice
@2042isNotBF Hello and thanks for your answer.. i got gigabyte 2080 , screen 144hz aoc ive just got the pc 2 weeks ago tested on Twisted Steel it was fine, on Aeorodrome was dropping especially in the bunker and rotterdam dropped also.. even on the main menu its dropping when entering armory , on rotterdam was dropping to 40 fps from 100+ and yes i tried them while using your guide
Message 5 of 7 (3,836 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update my XMP was off for RAMS in bios "Facepalm" and i enabled it i got the 3k mhz ram now and its working perfect just some drops on loading or menu a bit but in game i dont feel any stutter when droping depends on what i am looking on

Message 6 of 7 (3,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Demons961 Ok so nix my post or maybe still read it and do it for testing and more FPS lol....

so it is a 8GB card not 11GB like the 2080TI so what settings are you playing on Low , med , high or ultra ? If on med, high or ultra in BFV this could make the mega drop in FPS sadly. When I was on my 1080TI .. 11GB card on low settings I got 140- 180 FPS on low with a 49in 144hrz screen so a 8GB card would be lower FPS still, and yes your 144hrz and screen size come into play lowing your FPS as well as ram video card and settings ... just to give a example.

So the settings you play your games at will also affect how much memory the game uses and BFV is fully a hog lol. If you want to play your game at maximum settings, this game is going to utilize more memory than if you were to play those same game at the lowest settings. So for testing please test on low settings to see if your FPS go up and if you still get the mega drop in FPS. is your AOC 144hrz a 27 inch and if not what size is it?

A drop in FPS on different maps and in the menu is normal but going down to 40FPS is not and this points to either playing at med,high or ultra settings or a program or settings on the pc doing it. So lets try to find your fix and get your FPS more stable lol out of 40FPS. So please test at low settings as its a 8GB video card, FPS over eye candy is the way to go for more kills....

For 20xx RTX cards

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game. ___Make sure you turn both OFF

Open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next step in game video settings advanced in BFV .....

DXR enabled OFF sorry its still making crashing in BFV and not worth keeping it on just yet.

Nvidia DLSS OFF

High Dynamic Range OFF

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off

vertical sync- off

UI Upscasling AUTO

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set graphics quality to custom

Everything on med or low play with it see what works best for your PC but stuff below...

Mesh Quality is on test this on low, med, high ultra

Antialiasing post processing is on TAA LOW

Ambient Occlusion is OFF

FX amount is on LOW

DXR you cant turn off its on Ultra

Under Basic Video settings do this for settings in BFV

motion blur set to 0
Under video Basic ....
ADS Fild of View - OFF

ADS DOF Effects OFF

Chromatic Aberration OFF

Vignette OFF

Lens Distortion OFF

If you still have issues look at programs on your PC and try a clean boot to try and pinpoint the program making issues ..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 7 of 7 (3,821 Views)