Re: Forcing Restart of PC

by EA_David

Original Post

Forcing Restart of PC

★★ Novice

I got a huge Problem, i can play the game just fine and it runs fluidly BUT everytime i open a Crate at the exact moment the Discs start to fly out my windows restarts

I tried a lot to fix (change directx, delete folder in Documents section, game repair/reinstall) I also turned off the Windows restart function on certain errors but it still does the same.

In the Beta i never got that problem, so please EA/DICE fix this.

Message 1 of 6 (1,146 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. can you try adding the game and Origin to your Firewall and Anti-virus exceptions lists?

Opening a crate would involve a networking event so perhaps this is failing, which leads to the crash? Obviously you can still play so you're not completely offline, but perhaps there's something blocking certain types of connection. 

Just to be sure, do still get the crate contents?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,126 Views)

★★ Novice

I put it on both exception Lists, I also downloaded the new small Patch today.

I tried to open another Box just 5 Minutes ago and the same thing happened as always, PC just restartet.

And yes i get the Content of the crate.

Message 3 of 6 (1,110 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

I see, thank you for the update. Next I'd like to try checking for odd software conflicts. Can you restart your system with a Clean Boot to start?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If this has no effect I'd try temporarily disabling your anti-virus, then try to open another crate.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem is too high fps in loading screens, Enabling Direct X 12 mode fixes it but dx12 is still laggy and bad.

Message 5 of 6 (1,032 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothignof the upper solutions worked for me neither Antivirus nor Cleanboot and DX12 is even worse, i still get the Restart at Crates and Laggy Performance too 

Message 6 of 6 (1,018 Views)