Re: Fondor: The Dauntless campaign mission won't load

by FancySugarPants

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fondor: The Dauntless campaign mission won't load

★★★ Newbie

Fondor: The Dauntless campaign mission will not start. Shows 'loading' graphic in the corner but nothing happens just stays on splash screen, I have to Alt+F4 to close the game and cannot continue in campaign mode.

I've tried replaying the previous Endor mission twice but that didn't fix the problem.

I've tried repairing the game, but that didn't work either.

Please help.

Message 1 of 12 (7,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem and I ended up fixing it by switching from borderless back to fullscreen. That fixed it.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (5,638 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Did you fix it somehow? I'm having the same problem!!
Message 2 of 12 (7,211 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Iv'e had this problem too, since shortly after the game launched. Thought I'd play some campaign now while the servers are down for the patch, and Dauntless mission still gets gets stuck on the loading screen? Tried game repair several times with no luck. Playing on pc.
Message 3 of 12 (7,139 Views)

Hero

There's a chance this could be caused by outdated drivers of some sort.

Try making sure your graphics driver is updated.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 12 (7,129 Views)

★ Guide

I had this problem as well. The game would start the initial animation then would crash to desktop on this map every single time when I was the rebels(worked when I was the Empire though).  I right clicked on the game icon in Origin and clicked, "Repair". Now it loads fine. Not sure if it will work for you but it did the trick for me. Good luck with yours.

Message 5 of 12 (7,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Guess what? Here in July of 2019, this same thing still happens! Days-old install of Windows 10, game's fresh installed on a SSD, 4790k and a brand new 5700 XT. DX11 or 12 doesn't matter. I got so fed up with it, I uninstalled. Glad I only paid $4.50 for it on sale.

Unreal how this AAA game is so buggy this far into it's life. DX12 is still experimental and unsupported? How old is this game now? Yeah, 1.5 years! I should have researched the game before buying, but I figured a game this huge would have to be good this far in.

Message 6 of 12 (4,885 Views)

EA DICE Team

When loaded up the game @Malkus74  did you use the cloud save or what was on the PC? 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 12 (4,862 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue. The previous two missions worked fine but I've tried to load the Fondor: The Dauntless mission three times now and haven't got it to work yet. The first time was coming straight after the previous mission. I timed it the second time and it was loading for more than 10 minutes before I gave up.

The third time I tried disabling cloud saves based on the reply from @EA_Atic but it doesn't make any difference, still nothing loaded after over 5 minutes.

If it helps, the loading thing (Death Star?) in the top right corner went away after about 1 minute - at least the most recent time. I wasn't paying attention before so I can't say for sure about the previous 2 times. The hint keeps changing though so it's not completely frozen.

i5 8300 (laptop), 1050 Ti, 8 GB RAM, SSD. Not exactly an amazing PC but the game plays fine when it loads.
Message 8 of 12 (4,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, whatever the default setting is. I assume the save was in the cloud.

Message 9 of 12 (4,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

3 weeks and nothing? I uninstalled.

Message 10 of 12 (4,720 Views)