Flight Controls while in Free Look

by igotradiohead

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Flight Controls while in Free Look

★★ Novice

I'm playing squadrons on XBox One with a standard XBox One Controller. Is there any way to allow me to steer/control the ship with my left joystick while I can control the freelook camera with the right stick? It seems when I'm in freelook mode, the left joystick is totally inactive.

Message 1 of 5 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flight Controls while in Free Look

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it seems a number of us on the PC are having the same issue with HOTAS too. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Squadrons-Cannot-Free-Look-and-fly-at-same-time/td-p/9539101

For me, I free look still lets me roll and throttle, but not pitch or yaw. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (516 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

when using HOTAS the free view still steers the craft while looking around.

Message 2 of 5 (551 Views)

★★ Novice

That's nice, but I don't want to spend money on a HOSTAS. Shouldn't I be able to do the same with a controller?

Message 3 of 5 (542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it seems a number of us on the PC are having the same issue with HOTAS too. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Squadrons-Cannot-Free-Look-and-fly-at-same-time/td-p/9539101

For me, I free look still lets me roll and throttle, but not pitch or yaw. 

Message 4 of 5 (517 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea, this is super annoying.  Currently activating free look disables pitch and yaw regardless of where it is mapped to.  Even the default SouthPaw configuration has this problem and it's an actual EA created configuration.

You could map quick look to the right stick permanently, but this will take away your ability to control throttle or roll.  I'm still trying to find a better solution, but hopefully EA will simply fix this mapping issue and the problem will go away.

Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)