black screen flickering and not able to see emotes in main menu

by spotifyskyro

Original Post

Flickering screen and lost progress

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After I logged on earlier this day, my screen during the game starter flickering heavily when changing menus. Besides, I have lost all my single player progress, and apparently, lost most of my credits earned earlier today. I've also notice that my keybindings and other general configurations were also lost. The game was working fine a few days ago.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ViniciusZoio
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 05/10/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 08:00 am
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? AGT (BET) - GMT - 3:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I just logged on and the quickly noticed the flickering screen. I noticed my erased progress not ong after.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am still able to play, somewhat. When entering a match, screen will flicker to black heavily, but soon stabilizes (as long as I don't access in-game menus). This has been observed both in single-player and multi-player modes. My single-player progress however, seems entirely lost (achievements, credits, and such). All the credits I earned earlier this day also seemed lost when I logged later in the night.
What do you expect to see? The same, stable game I was playing for the last weeks! XD
Please select your region South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Logged earlier this day to heavy screen flickering during the menus.

Soon noticed I had lost all my single player progress (achievements and such), and my keybinding configurations.

Managed to play some games (arcade and multiplayer), even though they all started with heavy screen flickering to black (they stabilize after a minute or so).

However, when logging later the day, I noticed I have lost the credits earned earlier this day.

I have no idea what prompted the bug, since I have not made any modification to my software/hardware. Additionally, it would seem strange that any problem on my end would result in lost progress and credits! Oops

Message 5 of 21 (2,378 Views)

dx12 broken since update ?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi guys

a very strange behaviour since update : when I play dx12 mode , sometimes the game crashes BUT only in menu , not in game.

No problem at all before the patch.

my rig : i7 8700k , 1080 Ti  , 16 Gb Ram

windows 10 uptodate (1903 with all patch)

all drivers are uptodate (nvidia drivers : 436.30)

when I check windows log , I see my nvidia drivers has crashed :/

(I Try overclock and not overclocked , and IT s the same)

dx11 works like a charm , no problem at all.

I ve also tried BFV dx12 , absolutely no problem (in game or in menu , no crash in dx12 mode)

thanks if u have an idea.

Message 1 of 21 (2,215 Views)

Re: dx12 broken since update ?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ok it seems to be ok after deleted My documents/SWBF2 folder.

Now I can play in dx12 mode without crashing in menu or when I launch the game.

But I have a strange bug in dx12 mode : Kashyyyk  have texture flashing on the ground (and only this map in dx12 mode , no problem in dx11 mode)

edit :arf , I relaunch the game , go to check my option and the game crashed again ;(

so it didnt help to delete My documents/SWBF2 folder.

Message 2 of 21 (2,176 Views)

Graphics Glitch Windows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Anyone else experienced a graphics glitch like the one pictured in the screenshot in the link below?  I've noticed when it in-game sometimes if I turn a certain direction this rainbow blur covers the whole screen and I can't play at all.  This is the only game I've experienced this in so I'm assuming it's a gsync issue or a DX issue, no idea.  

Windows 10

1080ti running latest stable driver from geforce experience.

https://imgur.com/MaiCjZf

Message 3 of 21 (2,195 Views)

Battlefront 2 Screen Flashing Green Bug

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have just purchased Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the PS4 Pro and I am having this bug that makes the screen flash and flicker with a green tint. It happens 100 percent of the time and I cannot get the game to stop it. I do not know how to solve it and it makes the game almost unplayable for me. Battlefield 1 doesn't have this issue and no other games I am playing on the PS4 is giving me issues except this one. I tried reinstalling the game along with reinstalling PS4 updates and the problem still persists.

Here is the problem I am having as a video:

https://youtu.be/z4oSCvaJzd4

Message 4 of 21 (2,277 Views)

Re: Flickering screen and lost progress

★★★★★ Novice

same thing here one really stupid redoing all my cards after 10 times 

Message 6 of 21 (2,293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@viniciuszoio im from europe and same here really pssing me off
Message 7 of 21 (2,288 Views)

black screen flickering and not able to see emotes in main menu

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug i am not the only one with this bug but i keep getting black flickers on my screen i also cant even see voicelines and emotes due to a black screen popping up
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? killerrboyy2000
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 07/10/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12.10
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? black screen flickering
What do you expect to see? no flickering
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx970

i am not the only one with this bug but i keep getting black flickers on my screen i also cant even see voicelines and emotes due to a black screen popping up,

Message 8 of 21 (2,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is this it then? No help, no suggestions?

Is there any other way to contact EA about such issues?

Message 9 of 21 (2,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@viniciuszoio we just need to wait fo rthe mercy of ea
Message 10 of 21 (2,237 Views)