by spitfiresiemion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Flare gun kills give debris kill bonus

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Flare gun kills are being treated as debris kills, resulting in an extra 50-point bonus (and unlocking a codex entry).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Use a loadout with a flare gun 2) Deal 80+ damage to the target 3) Fire a flare gun at the target. It sets the enemy on fire and deals damage over time. It is able to deal ~30 damage overall. 4) Once the enemy dies, the kill will show, including debris bonus.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aside from getting normal score for the kill, killer gets a 50-boint debris kill bonus.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

So far this issue has only been tested with Spot version of the flare gun.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 1 of 3 (1,038 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Flare gun kills give debris kill bonus

Hero (Retired)

I still have trace amounts of decency, you know :P

Also, It turns out that it's the same for gas grenades. After full release I will check if other incendiary and gas weapons (grenades, tripwires, flamethrower) and do the same thing (my trial has ran out).

If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,267 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'd have thought that as someone so enthusiastic about flare use you'd stay quiet about it and rack up the Debris bonuses. Large smile

Thanks for the report. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,018 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I still have trace amounts of decency, you know :P

Also, It turns out that it's the same for gas grenades. After full release I will check if other incendiary and gas weapons (grenades, tripwires, flamethrower) and do the same thing (my trial has ran out).

Message 3 of 3 (1,268 Views)