Fixed on 2 PC W/ I9 - 9900K Kernallbase.dll error BFV I hope one will help you.

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fixed on 2 PC W/ I9 - 9900K Kernallbase.dll error BFV I hope one will help you.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This error in BFV is not a  easy fix to pin down it is so not a one fix works on all PCs. In my 2 posts this what worked for two different I9 - 9900K PCs I hope one of the posts will help someone.

First rule out your windows if it gives a error and fixes it then reboot and run it a second time and reboot when its done....

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.
Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN and reboot PC after its done.
No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.
If you get a error first run then reboot PC ans run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
sfc /scannow safe for all windows

I did countless formats and well over  a month of trouble shooting :/ Nothing fixed it not even testing different video card drivers all of feb and part of March. Old school rule always look at Windows first & video card driver and sure enough it was the fix for me once the new driver came out. The new NVIDIA driver fixed it for me 419.67 at long last.

This fix has to be done this way to work ....

1- For NVIDIA go download driver 419.67 put it on your desk top. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

2- Go download DDU ...Display Driver Uninstaller and uzip it on desktop...  Read the page fully if you have never used this program and yes it must be done in safe mode for it to work ...  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3- Go download the free version of CC cleaner install it..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner .... Once all is said and done you need to clean your registry.

4 Once everything is downloaded and on your desktop then reboot your PC in safe mode msconfig in run will bring up safe mode go to boot tab and check off safe boot Minimal hit apply and reboot PC.

5- Remove old video card driver in safe mode using DDU

6- Once DDU is rebooting unplug your net so windows does not install a video card driver on you this must be done fully clean.

7- When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom  advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System unless your system needs more most don't and all the extra junk does make issues for most people.

8- When new video card driver is installed reboot your PC

9- Once rebooted use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up. A stable PC is a happy PC lol

10-Run windows scan again just to be safe I run this about once a week on all my rigs it can save you many a format. 

sfc /scannow  and reboot PC and no open programs as they can give false errors.

11- Now to pull the most FPS out of your rig open NVIDIA Control Panel  and under 3D settings .. Adjust image settings with Preview  set it to use my preference and set it to performance and hit Apply.

12- If you want it to show FPS without typing anything do this...

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad..... PerfOverlay.DrawFps true
Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <----------lower number to make it smaller if it is to large for you on a 27 in screen try 2 . So you add two lines in the cfg
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BFV

Note this also works for BF1 

Message 1 of 4 (2,564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How I fixed Kernallbase.dll error BFV on NVIDIA I hope it helps you.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Sadly what works for one PC with this error will not work for every PC. Edit..  This is a great example of this , Another way this error was fixed on another PC I worked on was a format. Now a format did not work on my new rig only new March end video driver did. Same driver  did not work on his PC only format done this way worked for his PC. We both had same error BFV stopped working and Kernellbase Dll error in event viewer. We ran his PC though more then a few windows scan same as my PC no errors. But we both run the I9 - 9900K Processor but different MB so this is how we fixed his PC....

Armoury Crate is only supported by Coffelake models.  

The idea was as he has a new Asus MB Keep his PC as clean as we can so we turned off Armoury Crate in bios its under tools in bios to disable it

Next  we downloaded every MB Driver and driver needed on the PC to a USB.. Every driver was the newest.

1- We unplugged all his SSD's just kept his C drive plugged in took it into bios tools and set it back to factory deflates and rebooted when done. We also reset his Origin SSD back to factory defaults in bios tools so it was clean when it was time to install Origin and his games again. We had it unplugged before we installed windows.

2-Unpug net and Installed windows... Once windows was installed we kept the net unplugged until MB drivers got put in. We did not want windows to install old MB drivers on his PC. This is a very important step. And we made sure Device Manager had every driver installed before we put him on the net. 

3- Once we had every driver installed for his motherboard then we plugged in the net and let windows do its updates and reboots.

4- Once windows updates got windows 1809 on his PC after the reboot it will try to install Armoury Crate say NO lol

5- Once windows updates is fully done then we installed his mouse , keyboard and all other drivers he needed.We kept all Asus programs off him as well no need for them including Realtek sound drivers as his headphones are  Corsair. All you need to do is go on the ROG site to see countless posts with issues on realek sound just now :/ Once rebooted then we ran CC Cleaner on his registry. 

6- We removed the video card driver windows updates installed using Display Driver Uninstaller see steps in my first post yes we did every step. And again we kept it as clean as we could we did not want all this work going down the drain by shortcuts. We put driver 419.67 on him as well. And again once rebooted then we ran CC Cleaner on his registry. 

7- We plugged back in his other SSDs and Hard drive and he installed Origin and his games.

He had done formats in the past like me and never got it fixed but he also installed all kinds of Asus programs as well and he kept his net plugged in during a format. He knows how uptight I am on what gets installed on a game rig so he had me come over and do it with him and we got it fixed on his rig as well.

I suspect as the only real change was unplug the net until MB drivers are done and disable Armoury Crate in bios. And I would not let him install any Asus programs was the fix for him. I learned years ago some programs be it Asus or G force experience give  more issues then they are worth pure bloat wear make issues on a PC :/ People should stop depending on a program to download drivers they are such a bad thing its not even funny, just  make your PC run like crap in the long run. I hope between the two write ups I did to fix two PCs with this error will help someone.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,533 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

This doesn't work, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 4 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Sadly what works for one PC with this error will not work for every PC. Edit..  This is a great example of this , Another way this error was fixed on another PC I worked on was a format. Now a format did not work on my new rig only new March end video driver did. Same driver  did not work on his PC only format done this way worked for his PC. We both had same error BFV stopped working and Kernellbase Dll error in event viewer. We ran his PC though more then a few windows scan same as my PC no errors. But we both run the I9 - 9900K Processor but different MB so this is how we fixed his PC....

Armoury Crate is only supported by Coffelake models.  

The idea was as he has a new Asus MB Keep his PC as clean as we can so we turned off Armoury Crate in bios its under tools in bios to disable it

Next  we downloaded every MB Driver and driver needed on the PC to a USB.. Every driver was the newest.

1- We unplugged all his SSD's just kept his C drive plugged in took it into bios tools and set it back to factory deflates and rebooted when done. We also reset his Origin SSD back to factory defaults in bios tools so it was clean when it was time to install Origin and his games again. We had it unplugged before we installed windows.

2-Unpug net and Installed windows... Once windows was installed we kept the net unplugged until MB drivers got put in. We did not want windows to install old MB drivers on his PC. This is a very important step. And we made sure Device Manager had every driver installed before we put him on the net. 

3- Once we had every driver installed for his motherboard then we plugged in the net and let windows do its updates and reboots.

4- Once windows updates got windows 1809 on his PC after the reboot it will try to install Armoury Crate say NO lol

5- Once windows updates is fully done then we installed his mouse , keyboard and all other drivers he needed.We kept all Asus programs off him as well no need for them including Realtek sound drivers as his headphones are  Corsair. All you need to do is go on the ROG site to see countless posts with issues on realek sound just now :/ Once rebooted then we ran CC Cleaner on his registry. 

6- We removed the video card driver windows updates installed using Display Driver Uninstaller see steps in my first post yes we did every step. And again we kept it as clean as we could we did not want all this work going down the drain by shortcuts. We put driver 419.67 on him as well. And again once rebooted then we ran CC Cleaner on his registry. 

7- We plugged back in his other SSDs and Hard drive and he installed Origin and his games.

He had done formats in the past like me and never got it fixed but he also installed all kinds of Asus programs as well and he kept his net plugged in during a format. He knows how uptight I am on what gets installed on a game rig so he had me come over and do it with him and we got it fixed on his rig as well.

I suspect as the only real change was unplug the net until MB drivers are done and disable Armoury Crate in bios. And I would not let him install any Asus programs was the fix for him. I learned years ago some programs be it Asus or G force experience give  more issues then they are worth pure bloat wear make issues on a PC :/ People should stop depending on a program to download drivers they are such a bad thing its not even funny, just  make your PC run like crap in the long run. I hope between the two write ups I did to fix two PCs with this error will help someone.

Message 3 of 4 (2,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

And in case anyone needs a clean install for AMD video cards .....

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom / advanced you will only install two things from it for  AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install.

Note = All the extra JUNK video card drivers install can and will make issues for many. A happy PC is a clean PC  and all the extra junk is just not needed for most people.

This is how you do a clean graphic driver clean install.........

Go download the free version of CC cleaner..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Install CC Cleaner.....

Now use it to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up.

Next

Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Download the driver for your video card and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!

Go download DDU ...Display Driver Uninstaller and uzip it on desktop...  Read the page fully if you have never used this program and yes it must be done in safe mode for it to work ...  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

1- When you install new driver for AMD card Advanced only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install.

2- when you have Installed your new graphic card drivers restart / Reboot your computer, and clean registry one last time once back on desktop.

On a side note to help keep a PC stable it it a good idea to run CC cleaner after you remove or install any program after a reboot.

Also once a week or every 2 weeks run the windows scan to keep your PC stable ...

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN and reboot PC after its done.
No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.
If you get a error first run then reboot PC ans run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
sfc /scannow ....safe for all windows

After all the testing I did with the Kernallbase.dll error I strongly suspect it comes from a MIX of BFV issues not fixed yet , programs on PC's and windows updates and yes video card drivers. This is why I am so very against extra programs on a PC since BF3 and keep my net unplugged during a format. I tested formats with net plugged in during a format just to get the same error back in BFV. You cant depend on windows updates to install new motherboard drivers for you, go  to your MB webpage and D/L the newest drivers keep them on a USB or external hard drive. Go download every driver your PC needs keep them on a USB  don't use a program to do it for you. Just check for new drivers before any format and update them in the area you have them saved.

EDIT>>> For all PC's ..Get the G force experience off your rig its pure bloat junk program as well as Realtek HD Audio another bad program making issues go d/l your headset driver, Armoury Crate remove it if its on your rig ,  and turn off DXR in game its still not working correct and yes it all helps to make this error it seems. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,409 Views)