Fixed my FPS issues... worth a try...

by randomhero1090

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fixed my FPS issues... worth a try...

★★★★ Novice

Well finally...  Actually quite simple.  Not sure if it will work for all.

I checked windows 10 update, and it APPEARED I was up-to-date.  However, I was still on version 1803.  I was able to click around to find the update to version 1903.  I installed the update then followed these steps from another thread on the forum...

Open your File explorer and locate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex 
And delete following files:

• EasyAntiCheat
  • EasyAntiCheat_launcher.exe
  • EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll

Then locate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\__Installer\customcomponent 

And delete following files:

• EasyAntiCheat

Then restart Origin, go to Game Library, click on Apex Legends.
Then go to settings -> Game Properties and repair the game.

Issue solved.

It's clearly a windows/easyanticheat issue.  No question.

Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fixed my FPS issues... worth a try...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers yes thank you much.  Sorry I didn’t give initial credit.  It was late.  Wanted to post it AND get some games in Standard smile

@m0NEYof Sorry to hear it didn’t work.  The only thing I would double check:  make sure you have 1903.  I remember the good old service pack days.  After reinstalling the OS, you had to go through rounds and rounds of updates.  Based on what I’ve read, not only is 1903 somewhat buggy, it is also a pain to get updated.  It was like a soft update or something.  

My steps again...

1). Full update to 1903.  Which is a big update and took over 20 minutes.

2).  Followed the steps above to remove easyanticheat.  Make sure you get that _installer folder EAC folder deleted.  That has the setup exe in it.  If you don’t get that, you are letting an older setup exe exist. 

3).  Close/restart origin (I did setup 2 while origin was open)

4).  Repair the game. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I tried to do exactly what you did, because it also had the old version, so I upgraded to 1903.

I deleted the EAC files, but it didn't work.

Also, I decided to format my computer.

I installed Windows 10 PRO and activated it with a new license purchased from microsoft.

I made all the updates on the new OS and again deleted the EAC files, tried to play again without success.

I stay at 40fps, which is very sad.

But anyway, thanks for the attempt, at least the community tries to do something while EA has not spoken, or simply ignored, I don't know.

Message 2 of 6 (388 Views)

great my post solved your issue. :eahigh_file:

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 6 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers yes thank you much.  Sorry I didn’t give initial credit.  It was late.  Wanted to post it AND get some games in Standard smile

@m0NEYof Sorry to hear it didn’t work.  The only thing I would double check:  make sure you have 1903.  I remember the good old service pack days.  After reinstalling the OS, you had to go through rounds and rounds of updates.  Based on what I’ve read, not only is 1903 somewhat buggy, it is also a pain to get updated.  It was like a soft update or something.  

My steps again...

1). Full update to 1903.  Which is a big update and took over 20 minutes.

2).  Followed the steps above to remove easyanticheat.  Make sure you get that _installer folder EAC folder deleted.  That has the setup exe in it.  If you don’t get that, you are letting an older setup exe exist. 

3).  Close/restart origin (I did setup 2 while origin was open)

4).  Repair the game. 

Message 4 of 6 (328 Views)

Ah credit is just a bonus but i recognized the steps Wink

Also thanks for sharing the steps in detail maybe this will help others in troubleshooting 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 6 (318 Views)

★ Guide
@randomhero1090 yes I did and retraced the steps. I am sure I am in 1903, completely updated.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

thanks bro.
Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)