Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's account?

by Draegen

Original Post

First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's account?

★★★★ Novice

Good evening,

I picked up the game earlier today and I'm at the step in the tutorial where I can log in with my Google Play account, which I do, but then the app tells me it will switch me to an existing account - with someone else's name and their own progress (level 3..).

I got two-factor authentication on my google account, and I went and double checked for any suspicious activity and could not find any. Is this a bug? Is there a way to 'wipe' the progress on my account so I can start fresh, or can I get a brand new Player Id assigned to my account?

Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

Re: First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's accou

★★★★ Novice

You need to create a new email address and do it that way if u want a new game. Otherwise it will keep going to that game if it is on your phone memory.

Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

Re: First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's accou

★★★★ Novice
I'm not sure why I'd have to do that though, I didn't buy this phone second hand, and I'm the only person using it - at first I thought someone may have stolen my Google Play account, but as I mentioned earlier I can't find any signs of that having happened, and with two-factor authentication linked to my phone I'm fairly certain that my account is secure.. so I'm still curious why this would have happened in the first place. Also making a new email (and thus a new Google Play account) seems a bit extreme...
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Draegen, please get in touch with the EA Help Support team asap. This link will outline how to do that: https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-war...

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

HOW TO CONTACT SUPPORT

Having trouble in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?

Contact EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Find your Player ID

Here's how to find your unique Player ID in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Find your Ally Code

Here's how to find your Ally Code in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Learn more on EA Help