Re: First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's accou

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's account?

★ Novice

Good evening,

I picked up the game earlier today and I'm at the step in the tutorial where I can log in with my Google Play account, which I do, but then the app tells me it will switch me to an existing account - with someone else's name and their own progress (level 3..).

I got two-factor authentication on my google account, and I went and double checked for any suspicious activity and could not find any. Is this a bug? Is there a way to 'wipe' the progress on my account so I can start fresh, or can I get a brand new Player Id assigned to my account?

Message 1 of 4 (380 Views)

Re: First time login on Google Play - but it switched me to someone else's accou

★★★ Newbie

You need to create a new email address and do it that way if u want a new game. Otherwise it will keep going to that game if it is on your phone memory.

Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)

★ Novice
I'm not sure why I'd have to do that though, I didn't buy this phone second hand, and I'm the only person using it - at first I thought someone may have stolen my Google Play account, but as I mentioned earlier I can't find any signs of that having happened, and with two-factor authentication linked to my phone I'm fairly certain that my account is secure.. so I'm still curious why this would have happened in the first place. Also making a new email (and thus a new Google Play account) seems a bit extreme...
Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Draegen, please get in touch with the EA Help Support team asap. This link will outline how to do that: https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/how-to-contact-support-for-star-war...

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)