Re: Firestorm can't play PS4

by gyngford

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Firestorm can't play PS4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I cannot get a game of firestorm since DICE fixed "matchmaking"  For Australia. It's been almost a week and nothing. Not in solo, duo (just tried tonight) but I can in squads if press skip to skip being put into a squad. But firestorm in squad mode without squad mates sucks!

Any tips on what I can do? Anyone else experiencing the same thing on PS4? 

Message 1 of 10 (1,559 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Did as you've suggested, but as I thought it made no difference. With Dui, I did squad up with someone but it didn't match make us to any server. So basically this week tides of war challenge is a no go for me because of this broken game. So many thing wrong with bfv it makes me very frustrated

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,493 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @gyngford 

Have you tried rebooting your console and network to see if that has any improvement? The Battlefield team is aware of some matchmaking concerns from players in your region as mentioned here by the Battlefield Community Manager. Hope the steps below help and we'll continue to relay feedback regarding this to DICE.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,516 Views)

★★ Novice
I've not rebooted my modem but have done so with the ps4. Not that I think rebooting mh modem will work because every other network feature I use in my house (and that's a lot) as well as every other game I play have no issues. Buy I'll try.
Thanks for responding. I'll let you know the outcome.
Message 3 of 10 (1,509 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Did as you've suggested, but as I thought it made no difference. With Dui, I did squad up with someone but it didn't match make us to any server. So basically this week tides of war challenge is a no go for me because of this broken game. So many thing wrong with bfv it makes me very frustrated
Message 4 of 10 (1,494 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey, @gyngford 

Have you tried rebooting your console and network to see if that has any improvement? The Battlefield team is aware of some matchmaking concerns from players in your region as mentioned here by the Battlefield Community Manager. Hope the steps below help and we'll continue to relay feedback regarding this to DICE.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

I've been away a week and still cannot get a game. Is anyone having the same problem? Is it just me? How do I actually get help from EA? 

Message 5 of 10 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not just you. I have been trying all day. Can get a squad but matchmaking will always fail getting in to a match. Have tried doing all the above but still no joy

Message 6 of 10 (1,429 Views)

★★ Novice

@TheDoofenator wrote:

Not just you. I have been trying all day. Can get a squad but matchmaking will always fail getting in to a match. Have tried doing all the above but still no joy

Thanks for replying  Glad to know not just me, but sorry to hear you're having trouble too. This game man! 

Message 7 of 10 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I even tried changimg my DNS to see if it was maybe a location issue as I am in west Aus so tried and eatern server. Did absolutely nothing. I am spewing cause i dont really get time to play and i have just spent an hour looking at the screens while trying to find a fix.

Message 8 of 10 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also worth mentioning that i get kicked saying no suitable games found start searching for a squad again and end up with the same people looking for a match even though the squad disbanded. On guy has been looking with me aswell for pretty much the whole time.

We havent said a word to each other but I feel like we are old friends... stuck in a loop of matchmaking

Message 9 of 10 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve been having the same problem. And still after weeks of trying, still can’t find a game of Firestorm. They should just make it free to play because there’s literally no one playing it.
Message 10 of 10 (1,360 Views)