Re: Firestorm RTX freeze issue with armor plates

by _S7ORM-BRINGR

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I am still having the same issues in Firestorm and crashes in the main game (especially if a V1 or JB2 is called in near me).  It is really quite disappointing.  I picked up Metro Exodus just to play with RTX on and see if any of the issues I experience in BF5 were present.  I understand that the ray tracing implementation in Metro is different but Epic Games got it right.  No buggy performance issues, crashes, etc. whatsoever.  Come on Dice, fix Battlefield 5...GYST!!!

Message 41 of 84 (1,351 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic I am getting this same issue with the plates causing my game to freeze for three seconds when RTX is enabled. It only happens the first time I go to put on the plate and then the remaining game if I try to put on an additional plate it doesn't freeze. Also the game crashes every couple of round when RTX is enabled. This is extremely frustrating especially after spending thousands of dollars on a luxurious gaming PC just to know that your favorite game cant even run correctly with the best gear out there. I highly doubt this is a hardware or driver issue because everything is up to date and all of my other games work flawless. It only happens with BFV when this RTX stuff is enabled. I'm sure everyone who paid the premium for these video cards want to be able to play the game with the RTX feature on. Is this issue being worked out because I see nothing in the latest patch notes that indicate a solution? This is very discouraging, I feel like the issue is being swept under the rug.

Message 42 of 84 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I confirm, the rtx crashes and freezing with armor plates are still there, after today's patch - 24.05.2019. "One eternity later.." and still no fix.

Message 43 of 84 (1,338 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is getting ridiculous!
Message 44 of 84 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Also thank you for verifying this, because I was starting to think I may have gotten an additional faulty 2080ti from Asus. It was frustrating enough that the first card I got only lasted 2 weeks before needing to send it back to Asus for an RMA. I guess this is what we get for being early adopters of the RTX cards. Disappointed

Message 45 of 84 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here... i9 9900k, Zotac AMP 2080 RTX, 16GB DDR4000, Samsung EVO Plus NVME, ASRock Taichi Ultimate Z390... 2200€+ Machine and still lags with RTX on Angry

Message 46 of 84 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry @EA_Atic , @Braddock512 

Coming back with an update:

Updated latest drivers today 27.05, driver version 430.86

- Game crashes to Windows' desktop on every second or third loading screen in Firestorm.There is no Windows error message, but in the event viewer the error code is 0x887A0005. If I get lucky - on every fourth game, but mostly on every second or third. If I pass the loading screen and go to the lobby - no crashes.

- The 1 second freeze when picking an armor plate is still there, just to clarify - there is about 1 second freeze when I pick my first armor plate from the ground and I select it from the inventory. This only happens with the first armor plate, issue does not occur if I select more armor plates after the first one. This issue is only when DXR is enabled.

- FPS - I get about 25 FPS lower on every map since last game update. 

Below you will find the error code from the Windows' Event Viewer.

Fault bucket 1940179540022005347, type 5
Event Name: D3DDRED2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: VEN_10DE
P2: 26.21.14.3086
P3: 0x887A0005
P4: 6
P5: bfv.exe
P6: 1.0.72.44435
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C1B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C2B.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C3A.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C4B.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_VEN_10DE_35e39bbc8d6156684fc3a2e16ce8dac484daf9d2_00000000_e97d30fc-3f5d-443d-b7a2-c9561c0063a5

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e97d30fc-3f5d-443d-b7a2-c9561c0063a5
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: e8304371f0d454490aece7031b7e0e63
Cab Guid: 0

Message 47 of 84 (1,238 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Looks like it never be resolved. Great work here, DICE!
Message 48 of 84 (1,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

In the latest patch we made a fix for Firestorm RTX freeze issue with armour plates, and have verified a fix towards that and I'm talking specifically towards this issue that the topic was created for. 

Can you confirm that is working for you? 

/Atic 
Message 49 of 84 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Atic wrote:
Hey everyone, 

In the latest patch we made a fix for Firestorm RTX freeze issue with armour plates, and have verified a fix towards that and I'm talking specifically towards this issue that the topic was created for. 

Can you confirm that is working for you? 

/Atic 

@EA_Atic Nope, same as before. Still freezing. RTX 2080.

Message 50 of 84 (1,201 Views)