Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Final Stand
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Firestorm
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.03.19 0730
Summarize your bug Near the beginning of the round I was being shot. The frame rate dropped so badly that my game was unresponsive for a full 1-2 seconds (So 0.5 frames per second). I couldn't respond to taking damage and was killed.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play firestorm
What happens when the bug occurs? Game slows to an unresponsive speed.
What should be happening instead? Regular FPS.

NA

Message 1 of 13 (884 Views)

Re: Firestorm - Massive frame rate drop when being shot

Community Manager

Thanks for giving us a heads up on what you're experiencing. Can you let me know if you still get FPS drops after these steps? If you installed the game on an external hard drive, double-check to make sure there aren't game files on both the internal and external drive. This can cause performance issues.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 13 (864 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_BlueberryThanks for the reply. Everything is on my internal PS4 hard-drive. Seems like it's not just my set-up and that many/most players are experiencing this (based on the live-streams I've watched and the people I've talked to).

Message 3 of 13 (860 Views)

Community Manager

What type of refresh rate do you have on your TV/Monitor?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 13 (839 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_BlueberryI'll check but I seriously DOUBT that my TV refresh rate is to blame for 0.5 frames per second. As mentioned - I have observed on streams and heard other people complaining about the same issue which leads me to believe that it's a software issue.

Message 5 of 13 (826 Views)

★★ Pro

Had this happen to me again yesterday. Was capturing a supply drop flag, the firestorm was nearby and closing AND I was getting attacked by 2 teams. I was shooting at a guy about 10 feet in front of me - he was shooting back and the game froze for about 2-3 seconds. I died because I couldn't react.

100% software issue.

Message 6 of 13 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've experienced this multiple times too. Seems to be only during combat.
Message 7 of 13 (764 Views)

Community Manager

@Adman_Tor  @Lexen 

Have you tried a reinstall of the game to see if that fixes this? Does the frame rate dramatically drop every time you get shot?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 13 (759 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry- Not every time no. I'm seeing this on every single stream and Youtube video I'm watching so it's definitely a game-wide issue and not local to my system.

Message 9 of 13 (754 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't tried a reinstall yet. 

Also, like Adman said, it's not every time for me either but it's often enough that it's causing trouble. I haven't had one that lasts quite as long as a second or two, but it definitely stutters long enough to make me lose a battle or at the very least, throw me off. 

Message 10 of 13 (743 Views)